M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got board with my time and figured I would do some TIG welding. I picked up about $25 worth of aluminum from my local Lowes and started to weld. Took me about 4 hours total including the design time. Before I knew it it looked like this.

While I was taking pictures, I figured I would snap one of my other baby.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice picture of other baby, I've got a Scott's spreader just like that one. :joke:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Looks great! I sold my stang cuz I was bored w/ it after 16 years and bought the 9. No regrets!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Good job on the grill,:bigthumbsup: Good idea to. I started on the swing arm. A mod that did not cost any thing but tire and wheels, But no regrets.
Keep up the work bro.
Dam Guy

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the good comments. For those of you interested in the 67 Mustang, I have a cardomain page with all the pictures and information about the restoration as well as finished pictures. For everyones information, I did 99.9% of the work to the car. The only things I did not do myself was machine the engine block, build the transmission, and cover the console. My way of thinking is, If I can do it, why bother paying someone to do it for me.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Pretty nice attempt at a grill. I think you can do better though. Try again and send me the result and I'll let you know what I think!:joke:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am trying to come up with a jig, so I can weld up these grilles fast enough to make some money and still make them affordable. What would you guys be willing to pay for one of these?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts