M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everywhere i go around here people break thier neck to look at it. And ask "what kind of bike is that?", "how much that wide tire kit cost ya?" and i've gotten comments like "it looks like something out of a madmax movie" or "what's it transform into?".
I find this hilarious and also amusing at the same time. I just love the fact that there is nothing out there that mimics the 9 and am extremely happy i own one of these amazing machines.
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I think you will find that you are not alone in that feeling.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I cant wait for my first HD dealer stop with my HD buddies. they are always picking up parts on our rides.:D

·
Registered
488 Posts
I get the same thing, especially because I debadged it, people pull up at lights and roll their windows down to ask me what kind of bike is that. When I say "SUZUKI Boulevard" I always get a thumbs up and a huge grin from them. I love the 9. Can't wait for the Mid Atlantic ride.............:a18:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, i do believe my debadging has a little to do with it but it's great to see thier faces when you tell them what it is.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I ride with a lot of Harley Guys who think Harley is the only manufacturerwhile riding with my Bikers for Christ... but when I pull up with them the 9 usually gets compliments and then the Harley guys get "Oh... and your bikes nice too" it makes me smile...

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had an older guy pulling a trailer behind his pickup chase me down till we stopped at a red light and said "is that a nine". It's a good feeling also when people know the raw power.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yup same thing here. I even put a little skull and crossbones over the Suzuki on the dash. I had a guy looking all over trying to find out what it was. He finally found the vin tag. He really liked it as he rode away on his wide glide.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
All I can say is get used to it...

·
Registered
284 Posts
my neighbor had some people over for a cookout and my bike was in the shed with the doors open , they were all trying to guess how much it cost. 18gs to 24gs i just smiled and said thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my neighbor had some people over for a cookout and my bike was in the shed with the doors open , they were all trying to guess how much it cost. 18gs to 24gs i just smiled and said thanks
Little did they know that we could each own a fleet of em at that price. Just awesome!:p

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
I like the attention until you have to stop and get fuel and are in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
A guy pulled up next to me at a light and asked me "Is that a stars bike?" and I was like "huh...??? a What?" then he repeats "Is that a STARS bike? Like the celebrities have?" and with a grin I say "Yep, its a stars bike" and got a thumbs up from him.

After I thought about it, I guess he thought it was a bike built by American Choppers or Jesse James.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had someone come up to me and ask me if I've raced it yet.8)

Another comment was "That must have cost you 20K" I just smile and tell them it cost me less than half that amount.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The other day we had a big Joint Military Safety ride, around 200 bikes from all services came. People would stop and look at the 9 for a good 15 minutes before moving on. One guy asked me how much and commented around 30G's right. Another one said that is the next bike he is getting, his dreambike a 9. Oh yeah he was a BUSA man. This bike gets attention everywhere it goes and it's Loud With the Scorpion tips. HD guys love and respect it. See you all in STAUNTON, VA.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts