M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building my own custom bars and risers and I think these mirrors would look killer but I'm not sure if they are $300 killer. :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same idea, i was also thinking that somehow taking a windshield off a crotch rockert ( of course a suzuki) and some fiberglass design and making a cool fast looking but small fairing. What do you think???

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
no sir.. dont like em

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I would have to see them from the front to be sure. Maybe if your bars have the same profile as those stems??
They certainly will show plenty of the bikes you just passed!

Sledzep

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hellrazr72 said:
Yes....but the 109 is a big bulky bike!! I like them also!! How would they mount up though??
I'm fabbing the bars from scratch so I would just have to make some mounting brackets.

G

·
Lamonster said:
I'm fabbing the bars from scratch so I would just have to make some mounting brackets.
I think that would look hot!! Then you could even paint them to match the paint on the bike! Post pics if you use those LaMont!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
well kat like hal said do you like it nope all the more reason to do it. hey here something i have learned do it then ask some of these guys get kinda ruff lol (sidestand) well i think that the mirrors will look perfect. hey i left a post on the board for some creative bar end mirrors. buy the way if you talk to the sport riders they would prob give them to you seeing as they trash them anyway

G

·
Great emphasis on the crossover nature of our bikes!!! Great find Lamont! When do you think you will be done with the new bars??? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Chrome and matching paint. With the right attachment and placement this could be a great idea. I, for one, can't wait to see the results. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Well the bike has a sporty-aero theme to it (as opposed to true naked) with the headlight and radiator streamlined..so I think the aero mirrors would work. Only thing I think might look a little off with those mirrors is the ribbed support arms. :dontknow: Maybe chromed up they would look cool?

The only angle on our bike I'm not so fond of, is the front on view...that fattie tank looks 'preggy'. Often find myself thinking how could that view be improved to look more 'sporty'. The headlight nacelle and that view of the tank look a little incongruous to me!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm having a hard time visualizing how these would look mounted to a bar....I can't wait to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hey that front fairing idea sounds really cool. you should have one of the guys who do the photshop on the pictures sections try it out. really curious to see how that would look...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts