M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dunnies wore out so I put on the ME880 Marathon XXL 240VR18 and the ME880 130/70HR18. Nice tires! The tread depth is deeper and there is more of it than the stockers. The handling is just as good but they are better over road snakes and in the wet. All in all I like the Metzlers better than the stockers for everyday riding. And the front only having a 130 speed rating is not a problem where I live. Time will tell if they wear better. The stockers were pretty much shot at 3800 miles.

G

·
I had 4,000 miles on the stocks but I am heading out on a 4,500 mile trip and didn't want to risk having worn out tires on the way home. My tires at 4,000 looked almost new.

·
Registered
600 Posts
5,900 miles and still on the stock tires. The rear one is showing it's age a little. I'll probably go with a set of Metzlers, too, in the Fall.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Since I'm still waiting on my '07 109 to show up at the dealer (two weeks)....I have no clue what tire comes on it but I figure it's a Dunlop. Since I see some of you are gonna try the Metz ME880 tire...I looked on one of the online tire stores and they have the Dunlop Elite 3 tires in the M109 sizes...has anyone tried the Elite 3's yet? Or does the M109 come with Elite 3's?? I hear the Elite 3 gets better mileage than the softer sport touring tires. I usually run Avon's on my BMW K12RS and my Kaw Concours and really like them but they don't make sizes to fit the 109.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
My bikes at the Stealer right now to get new Metzler rubber. Went with the 260/40VR18 rear. I'm sitting at 5,900 miles. Probably could have pushed the back another 500 or so but why push a tire on a bike.

Thanks Hal for your reference info on the Metzlers!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
:bigthumbsup: 4k and thinking about the venom's. :doorag: :super: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Considering Avon's. Brother in law put 'em on his V-Rod and says the difference is amazing. He had the same Dunnies as our stockers previously.

Anyone have any experience with them and have an opinion?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts