M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep,
Was coming home the other night from Hooter's Bike Night. Passed a pick-up and moved to the other lane. Went over a rise in the road and down shifted to slow down, that's about all I remember. Buddies said that they saw sparks coming from the bike before it threw me off :redfaced: I have a broken clavicle and 2 broken ribs and quite a bit of road rash, no helmet law in South Carolina so I guess I pretty licky to be here!! $6500 in damage to the bike none on the frame, forks or motor! It's in the shop getting repaired as we speak, probably have a few mods and paint done while I recouperate...Just thought I'd let you guys know. And yes, I'll be wearing a brain bucket from now on. Just glad I'm not in a wheel chair and drinking out of a straw or worse... The man upstairs must have bigger plans for me.

Ya'll Ride Safe and Be Carefull,
Stoneman

·
Registered
450 Posts
Glad your here to tell about it. Sound like you're pretty lucky. When you say rise in the road, you talking like a bump? Seems i've been seeing alot of those around as well. Feels like you throw your back out everytime you nail one. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Stoneman, You take your doctors advice and relax and get better. Sorry to hear about your accident. Take care and be safe!!!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Damn,
Sorry to hear that man and hope you get well soon. Glad it wasn't worse than it was. I used to live in Charleston but didn't have a bike back then (was in the Navy before they shut the base down). By any chance were you imbibing on alcoholic beverages at Hooters before heading home? Take care and get yourself better, the bike can be fixed and you'll be back in the saddle soon.

G

·
Glad to hear you were not hurt more seriously, although I am sure you are experiencing some pain right now. Stay tuned here and we will keep you occupied while you are mending. Glad you decided to get a helmet. Hope all works out.

Do you know what exactly what happened to cause you to go down? Hit something? Bump in road? Just wondering. Get well soon bro.

G

·
Glad you are ok!!! But since you did type about living in a no helmet state, I have to give you a big YOU KNOW BETTER on the helmet deal. You don't have to wear condoms in a whorehouse either but its sound advice, know what I'm sayin? Be safe and if you have a local vendor around, check out the scorpion helmets (so darn comfie and CHEAP, excellent liner and overall quality) but if you wanna spend some extra, I swear by my Shoei X11. Pricey but IMO, the best out there.

Try em on then order from helmetharbor.com and save a few bucks :D

Again, glad you are in one piece brother

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
Glad you are ok!!! But since you did type about living in a no helmet state, I have to give you a big YOU KNOW BETTER on the helmet deal. You don't have to wear condoms in a whorehouse either but its sound advice, know what I'm sayin? Be safe and if you have a local vendor around, check out the scorpion helmets (so darn comfie and CHEAP, excellent liner and overall quality) but if you wanna spend some extra, I swear by my Shoei X11. Pricey but IMO, the best out there.

Try em on then order from helmetharbor.com and save a few bucks :D

Again, glad you are in one piece brother
I agree, except I think you do need to wear a condom there.... :D :D

Glad you are well enough to type. Hopefully some parts will be back ordered just long enough to keep you out of the saddle as long as the Doc says.

Sledzep

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yes, glad you are ok and I agree with all the above posts.......

On another note........

You say your buds saw sparks before you went down???? !!!!!!!!!!!

This really brings to mind those posts I have seen about the drive shaft !!!!!

It could be possible a design flaw by Suzuki is what brought you down.

You may want to investigate........

·
Registered
702 Posts
get well soon.

glad you're ok and able to at least type to occupy yourself.

post a pic of your new helmet when it arrives.

G

·
:(

Sorry to hear that. Get well quick, get a helmet then pick up the bike (in that order).

Glad to hear you are still with us!!!! Let us know what you think caused the accident. I hope it was not a problem with the driveshaft.

Rob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts