M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny story I thought I'd share so if you find yourself in my shoes you will know what to do. Today I went over to a friend’s house to work on my bike, he lives out in BFE off a dirt road and his driveway is very deep gravel. However he is out on a ride this weekend and his bike lift and all his tools are not being used (He bulds custom bikes for fun so his garage is like chrismas everyday) ::) so it was worth the ride over to do some work on the bike. Well made it to the garage just fine however on the way out I didn't check to make sure I was in 1st gear and jetted down the drive in 3rd took the turn onto the gravel road and the bike stalled out... :redfaced: then to top it off I hit a really bad line and it took me to the edge of the road where there is one heck of a drop off 30-40ft to get out on the west bank and a turn in on the east bank so there is no good way to get out. I was on the ledge of the east bank and the ledge broke off, now I'm at the bottom of a ditch in the middle of no where :verymad: . Looking at the 30ft west bank I decide the best way to get out of this is to turn this beast into a dirt bike and power my way up the west bank, since I'm at an angle that I can't use my kickstand I lay the bike down carefully run up the bank to see exactly what I'm going to hit once I clear it, there is a small ditch right after the hill a few trees and fence posts :D. No problem I'll call a tow truck if I can't get out. get back down to the bottom of the hill stand the bike back up take all my gear off the bike rev the eng run half way up the hill then my back tire just spins (I took the hill too slow) :verymad: roll it all the way back down to the bottom quickly so the back tire hits the east bank then rev the eng drop the clutch full speed ahead. O my word this bike rocks!!!! A little slide on the front but the power!!! I was out of the ditch and half way across my friend pasture before I'd had a chance to think how dang amazing this bike is. This hill was steep when I rolled up it the first time my feet where at the back tire and my head was almost at the handle bars and it felt like the bike was almost parallel to me. I didn't for a second think it would be able to pull its heavy body out of the ditch, I was just hopping I'd figure out something when I was attempting it. This beast jumpes out of the ditch, eats another small drainage ditch and ran through a pasture and not even one time did I think I'd pushed it or it was out of control. (please note this hill did have brush, and the long brush grass so there some traction)

AMAZING!!!! However, if at all possible I will NEVER try this stunt again, I think when it comes to dirt roads this bike is best in a trailer ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep them on the front ::) I was shocked I could keep them anywhere my legs where shaking ::) I was a tad bit nervous about jumping the bike out of the ditch ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Amazing, however here is a little advice from one of the old men, 'when you are young you think you are invincible, believe me it aint so!' . We all love to read your post, I think you have a cult following, I know I'm one. Just be a 'little' carefull, I for one want to continue reading the exploits of the Firecat. Sounds like a good comic book character! Goo for it but please be safe. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
All I can do is shake my head in disbelief....

I take full responsibility for starting Heathers M109 big adventure..

So what color will your next M109 be?

P.S. Can we part this one out when you replace it?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
That's a bold move you took there girl. I think I'm getting a pretty good picture now. Nothing conventional about you. You probably never ran into a rule you didn't want to try and break, or a situation you didn't want to try and overcome or master. Just don't break yourself in the process; cause we love hearing about the exploits of the Firecat.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Firecat; you are amazing!!Â
Â
 I have a similar driveway on my property and always wondered how I would get out of the bottom of my revine if the 109 ever slid on the gravel!! You will have to show the wife and I how to do that when you are out this way!!! Knowing her, she's a bit like you , we will probably have a permanent bike ramp to th bottom of our revine!!! And I will need to buy more 109 parts!!Â

Thanks for getting my blood racing this morning...

·
Registered
702 Posts
dog man said:
Amazing, ... I think you have a cult following, ... :bigthumbsup:
I think you might be right.

Nice save anyways, and way to give us power junkies MORE confidence in our machines :joke:

·
Registered
890 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
Firecat , winner of the inaugural 109 baha 1000
Firecat...YOU my dear are NUTZ! :bow:...glad you made it out ok, thanks for "dirt testingthe bike" that is now at the top of my "Things I aint gonna do" list. :joke:

Devilish

·
Registered
50 Posts
dog man said:
Amazing, however here is a little advice from one of the old men, 'when you are young you think you are invincible, believe me it aint so!' . We all love to read your post, I think you have a cult following, I know I'm one. Just be a 'little' carefull, I for one want to continue reading the exploits of the Firecat. Sounds like a good comic book character! Goo for it but please be safe. :bigthumbsup:
Yeah +1 Please B Safe :bigthumbsup: Glad ur Ok :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WA109 said:
Firecat; you are amazing!!

I have a similar driveway on my property and always wondered how I would get out of the bottom of my revine if the 109 ever slid on the gravel!! You will have to show the wife and I how to do that when you are out this way!!! Knowing her, she's a bit like you , we will probably have a permanent bike ramp to th bottom of our revine!!! And I will need to buy more 109 parts!!

Thanks for getting my blood racing this morning...
Sure I'd love to show her this bike can do anything there is a motorcross track next too where I'm going to live in Washington, I think I'll put some sliders on the tank and tail and a Eng bars on :D then I'll be more then happy to show her, please note that when I got in this bad spot I was by no means calm, I'm sure if there was anyone around they wouldn't have been able to help me because they would be on the ground laughing.... I was white as a ghost (don't know just have a feeling) my legs where shaking and I was mumbling to myself... This is no different then a 250 with a bit more power.... this is a dirt bike and the weight is all in my head.... O and all along I was thinking ..... umm the red looks really cool :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sounds like a fun time, been there myself when I got ran off the road and into a ditch a while back... bike does awesome in situations like that...

I've been very impressed with the 109 all around...

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Delmustator said:
All I can do is shake my head in disbelief....

I take full responsibility for starting Heathers M109 big adventure..

So what color will your next M109 be?

P.S. Can we part this one out when you replace it?
LOL It just seems like yesterday that I was begging you to ride the bike from the dealer back to work for me :D then riding 100 miles just to avoid a freeway/highway or anything that went over 30mph ;)

ya I'm thinking at the rate I'm going, this bike might be parts before next year, but you never know I might get lucky, i started warring knee pads full body armor and a neck brace on my mountain rides, everyone in my riding group has crashed at least 1 time since I've been with them (5 rides), and the sad part is they are all pro street riders :(, right now I'm the only one that hasn't went down (I just pull over check them out, check their bike, call a tow and call the medics or grab my 1st aide kit). I'm now really watching for traffic, not worried about going down but am worried about getting run over if I go down. If this beast doesn't make it to next year I'll bring all the peaces with me to NC next spring :D and a new Red 109

1 - 20 of 20 Posts