M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying the big air kit. But does it do anything if i don't have a power commander? Was also thinking JSD mod. I don't have the money for all. I can do either the big air or the PC and the JSD. I am also thinking exhaust down the road some so will i need a fi2000 as well or does the PC take care of that? My bike is stock other than that. Also will any of the above void my warranty. I assume all will but wanted to check.
Thanks guys :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
i was thinking of starting with the big air as well... the pipes i want are not available as yet... so big air and PC should be a good start right guys????... is there a PC Map for the big air and stock pipes combo??? :dontknow: :dontknow:......mjm

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would go with the JSD 1st, big improvement (you'll feel the difference immediately). Next would be the PC, if you plan on BigAir (JR has a map for the BigAir, JSD with the stock exhaust, use the search and you'll find alot of info). You won't need the Fi2000 because the PC will do everything that the FI2000 does plus more. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
z4woo said:
I would go with the JSD 1st, big improvement (you'll feel the difference immediately). Next would be the PC, if you plan on BigAir (JR has a map for the BigAir, JSD with the stock exhaust, use the search and you'll find alot of info). You won't need the Fi2000 because the PC will do everything that the FI2000 does plus more. Hope that helps.
It does help.
I was mainly looking to pickup the big air because it seems to be limitied availability and the other stuff seems to be in stock most places. But did not want to buy it and have it sit on my shelf for 6 months because i have to have a PC for the motorcycle to run with the Big Air.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have been through the same dilemma.
My sequence will be:
1 JSD (done) -worthwhile inexpensive first
2  Air (Mk. 1 almost done..Mk.2 underway)...think I will get more bang for my buck than PC3 first (at this stage)
3  will mod my exhaust 2>1 (myself) ..then
4  PC3 when exhaust is ready.
That should be enough HP to keep this old guy going a while..... till the MT-OS is released..(have to have one of those)

·
Registered
696 Posts
z4woo said:
i have the JSD.. both the old and the new 3M's... mine is off the bike for now... after the ruckus was strated awhile ago... waiting for the dust to settle.... i like the way the bike works with the JSD installed... the PC is the way i was going to go... like i said ... most likely the big air kit ....chrome on my silver bike... i'll check on the stuff from JR...thanks...mjm

·
Registered
844 Posts
  Not really.  The PCIII is a fuel management system for fuel injected bikes.  It allows you to change the air/fuel mixture throughout the powerband.  You don't really need it unless you have made significant changes in the Air intake and probably the exhaust as well (or vice versa).  The stock ECU is certainly fine for a stock bike.  I doubt that you're going to "need" one (or see much of a change with one) unless you have both intake and exhaust mods.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The issue with the FI2000 is that you can only ADD fuel to the A/F mixture with it. In many cases the bike may be running rich at a certain point in the powerband, and you will want to SUBTRACT fuel there. You can't do that with the FI2000.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
When i Pulled the stock air filters off my bike to install the big air i was surprised the Bike even ran,those factory filters are so small,as stated buy others this engine needs to breath!

The PClll is the way to go,due to the fact you can remove fuel and really fine tune the bike on the dyno.

I put the Big Air and PClll on at the same time and you can really feel the difference in torque!
after seeing hall's bike with the new rotors on front i been wanting some for mine :D there don't seem to be no end in sight for the Mods I'm Hoping for the JR SPORTY Exhaust next after Biketoberfest :D :bigthumbsup: Later silentrider

1 - 11 of 11 Posts