M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waited for 4 months to get my M109R and finally last week I received it, since I never had a bike with computer my first question is, the nearest dealer which is located 250 miles where I live told me that the 600 miles service must do it with them because is not only to change the oil and adjust bolts and wires, he told me that thru a scanner the service done is marked in the computer of the motorcycle and if I make the service by myself and the computer is not updated the light come on and the motorcycle will lose power until receive the update from the scanner, is that true? there is a Yamaha dealer in my location, do you think that they can do the service? I am new with this type or motorcycles, I only had HDs i the past without fuel injection or any modern advances and in Mexico the M109R is unknown so I will be bothering to all of you for help. Thanks!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
1st M109R MEXICO said:
I waited for 4 months to get my M109R and finally last week I received it, since I never had a bike with computer my first question is, the nearest dealer which is located 250 miles where I live told me that the 600 miles service must do it with them because is not only to change the oil and adjust bolts and wires, he told me that thru a scanner the service done is marked in the computer of the motorcycle and if I make the service by myself and the computer is not updated the light come on and the motorcycle will lose power until receive the update from the scanner, is that true? there is a Yamaha dealer in my location, do you think that they can do the service? I am new with this type or motorcycles, I only had HDs i the past without fuel injection or any modern advances and in Mexico the M109R is unknown so I will be bothering to all of you for help. Thanks!
First off :welcome:

I think they are feeding you a line. I would do the service myself and if you have problems you can check with the guys on this board and they can walk you through just about anything you might run into.

·
Registered
188 Posts
1st M109R MEXICO said:
:a20: are they that hard up for service work down there? That is unreal......Welcome to M109riders.com your new service dealership.....There is plenty of :read: to fix just about anything if you have access to some hand tools and alittle know how.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Wildracing22 said:
:a20: are they that hard up for service work down there? That is unreal......Welcome to M109riders.com your new service dealership.....There is plenty of :read: to fix just about anything if you have access to some hand tools and alittle know how.
:doorag: :bigthumbsup: :clap2: :a18: :#1: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Welcome and congratulations. Do the service yourself. No one on here has had the problems you describe with the download. I have 1200 miles and no loss of power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey fellow 9r's... Had my FI (fuel injection) light come on today while riding. don't know why, hadn't just fueled up or done anything to the bike. Ran fine last ride 2-weeks ago. Read owners manual and naturally it says bring to dealer. Rode it around for about 25 miles locally under various throttle applications and the bike runs good,don't get it. Anybody had this problem ?..... Specs. '07 M109R ,Cobra slash-cut pipes,Cobra fuel management system, UltraFlow 2 K&N air filters. 1500 miles on bike... Anybody got any suggestions ?? Snuffy--

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hola mejicano?? I think they are using fear tactics on you to get you back into the shop. Dios te bendiga y proteja con tu moto. Later.

·
Registered
768 Posts
This thread is 2 yrs old, cheezanrice...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts