M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of you know that i have been off work for 5 weeks and the doc said on friday that im going to have to be off for another 3-4 weeks and i am going friggin crazy!!

I have come up with a new intake set up with Hinks help that removes the stock air filter boxes, makes tons of power and eliminates the puking issue; and am looking for something neat to fill the void were they used to sit. so this is a template of what i came up with to give the jugs that huge look.

I have a friend that does metal work and he can cut this out of metal and ill paint it black to match everything else. maybe put a air direction vent to direct air to the filters.

What do you think??

oh and here is a pic of my new walking devise.....

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Too simple for your bike man, think outside the box, go with an extreme custom look. I was thinking like a sword of some sort with flames or ???

Way better boot than the happy rainbow one.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking of a subtle sword type thing as well, i guess if i can get the metal plate fabbed up i can go from there and weld or cut or whatever.

and this boot is much better but still sucks because i have to sleep in it and its like a friggin winter boot!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe when i get them done i can send them to Joe and have him do something neat on them.:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Make it look like a pair of boobs. That would get my attention :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Pynikal, Can you get a gun to pop out of the side of that thing like Robo-cop?!!:bigthumbsup:

Sorry. Hope you are getting better. IMO, I'd go with something smaller to just barely cover up that surface so that it could fit between the jugs and not in front of them. I'll be interested to see what the rest of the mod looks like. Where the air filters went....

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The shape looks alot like the Vulcan air filter box.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pynikal, Can you get a gun to pop out of the side of that thing like Robo-cop?!!:bigthumbsup:

Sorry. Hope you are getting better. IMO, I'd go with something smaller to just barely cover up that surface so that it could fit between the jugs and not in front of them. I'll be interested to see what the rest of the mod looks like. Where the air filters went....
you have PM sir.

The shape looks alot like the Vulcan air filter box.
ill look into that more.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
So waht does the new filtration system look like?

The design itself isn't bad but it needs something besides just black paint... looking at it it kind of looks like an Alien Head http://www.alienware.com/
See Head at top of screen. Which might be kinda cool if you are in to that sort of thing... it would look very cool with the eyes lit up Blue or Green or something like that.

Just and idea...

Looking forward to seeing your results!

·
Registered
190 Posts
you need some contrast in your engine area. it looks like a black void in the bike. Whatever you end up with, make it pop.

·
Registered
262 Posts
how about a cover that looks like another jug... that would really throw some folks off. matching the jugs wouldnt be that hard for a good fabricator.

also make it with some cutouts so that lighting it up would make it pop even more.

and show us this intake!!! wanna see!!!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how about a cover that looks like another jug... that would really throw some folks off. matching the jugs wouldnt be that hard for a good fabricator.

also make it with some cutouts so that lighting it up would make it pop even more.

and show us this intake!!! wanna see!!!
you sir have a winner!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I can't wait for my trip to KC so I can pull my 9 into your garage and do that intake setup. I think I will stick with the stock covers since Ducks cut me such a good looking design. Looks good, you are always coming up with something creative. :bigthumbsup: Oh and how do you guys come up 3 jugs, there will be 4 by my count. But I guess maybe you guys were talking about 3 that you could see on one side.

And the cam boot really sucks I had to wear mine for almost 2 months and I hated it. But I took it off whenever I was at the house.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts