M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the sportech wind screen on my bike and i love it.. if all you are looking for is to keep the bugs out of your teeth and the wind off your upper body this one works . plus it is detachable on or off in just a few seconds. i got the tinted one and it looks great on the blurple bike .. modle number is 2302-0045 for any one who thinks this is what they are looking for.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have any way to give you a picture of this . but if you go to www. sportechinc.com you can see a picture of it . this is just my opinoin but i really like this windshield and you have to order it from a dealer which should be to dard to find i got mine from the dealer i got my bike from. just wanted to give the people who are lookin g for a shield a nother option..

·
Registered
817 Posts
The quick on-off option looks AMAZING. The quickest on-off I've ever seen on any shield.

Mounting angle is adjustable. MSRP is $279.95.

I would really love to see this on an M109R. DUDE, PLEASE TAKE SOME PICTURES!!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
erdy 109 said:
 sorry i cant give ya any pictures .. but i would rather spend money on the m 109 instead of my computer. so i guess thats as good as my post will get!!Â
can you tell me the height and width of yours... I looked all over their website but don't see anything giving dimensions.... The video they have is nice but I wanted to see more windshield and less burn out and wheelies...of course i love those kinds of vids but not when i am trying to view a windshield on the bike :D

khrome

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
That would be me.. next time i see it i may grab a pic... It does look good especially the mounting hardware...its real clean looking.
I agree!! It looks as though it could be the best one yet to fit the 109, but of course :nopic: .

Please see if you can get us some pics, I know we'd all appreciate it!! It looks awesome!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'm not saying it looks any better than the Memphis, but I REALLY like the way it attaches and removes. It might be worth it just for that. What I am really interested in seeing is how close it reaches to the headlight cowl. The height is not really adjustable, so you would be stuck with however it is on that.

The Memphis is removable, but it's a royal pain to reinstall and get it all straight and at the same angle as before.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the height is adjustable on this windshield. it sits about a half inch above the headlight cowl in the low position . or you can switch the mounting brackets from side to side and it will raise the shield about four inches higher. the bottom of the shield is the same width as the cowl for the headlight then widens out as it go up and then back to the same width as the bottom when it gets to the top . its 14 inches wide and 14 inches tall

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wanted said:
The Memphis is removable, but it's a royal pain to reinstall and get it all straight and at the same angle as before.
My Memphis went with me for a few wild rides before being shipped off to its foster home in Illinois.

·
Registered
898 Posts
erdy 109 said:
the height is adjustable on this windshield. it sits about a half inch above the headlight cowl in the low position . or you can switch the mounting brackets from side to side and it will raise the shield about four inches higher. the bottom of the shield is the same width as the cowl for the headlight then widens out as it go up and then back to the same width as the bottom when it gets to the top . its 14 inches wide and 14 inches tall
How tall are you erdy? does it work better in the up or down position? do the mounts fit in between the bar mounts and the bend of the bar?

thanks for any help

khrome

1 - 20 of 30 Posts