M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I take this bike out I don't want to come back home. My wife was cooking something funky so I told her I was just going to run down the street and get a bite to eat and I'll be right back. I went into town but that just seemed like too short of a ride so I went to the other side of town and got a bite. Then I was heading home and I just couldn't make the bike go back home so early seeing it was running so good and felt so right and it was t-shirt riding weather. :doorag: I decided to go visit a friend about 30 miles away and after our visit I headed back but I kept finding little side roads to take. ::) I just want to keep riding and never stop. Now I'm thinking I may put the Boss Hoss on hold for my Sturgis trip and ride the 109 instead. I thought to myself that I must have a fever of 109 and that's what's causing this sickness. Man I've got it bad. :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like me. On my way to Rolling Thunder I took the long way there on all the twisty back roads I could find up to Ft. Washington HD. Its too boring taking all the straight highways to an event. It took longer but much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I hear you, once I rode 400 miles r/t in one day just to change a rear tire, and once I rode 200 miles r/t just to get a couple of links of sausage. Good thing bikes don't have a lot of storage space because if they did, my ice cream would melt when I went grocery shopping. :D

·
Registered
525 Posts
Lamonster said:
Everytime I take this bike out I don't want to come back home. My wife was cooking something funky so I told her I was just going to run down the street and get a bite to eat and I'll be right back. I went into town but that just seemed like too short of a ride so I went to the other side of town and got a bite. Then I was heading home and I just couldn't make the bike go back home so early seeing it was running so good and felt so right and it was t-shirt riding weather. :doorag: I decided to go visit a friend about 30 miles away and after our visit I headed back but I kept finding little side roads to take. ::) I just want to keep riding and never stop. Now I'm thinking I may put the Boss Hoss on hold for my Sturgis trip and ride the 109 instead. I thought to myself that I must have a fever of 109 and that's what's causing this sickness. Man I've got it bad. :eek:
Man, I know what you mean. It may not be curable.

G

·
Hmm - - - - you got two M109's there for 3 more days. Give the keys to the wife and let her follow you. Let her ride your bike and you take mine.

G

·
I think its a daseeze once you git it they ain't no cure modern medicine and science is looking into a cure but it has sumpthin to do with the sperm count and how much money you have and your ma' dula and all kind of shit I don't know the terminalagy for and jeeze I freekin think just talkin about it gives it to ya AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH !! I think I got it too!!

G

·
hd2plze said:
I think its a daseeze once you git it they ain't no cure modern medicine and science is looking into a cure but it has sumpthin to do with the sperm count and how much money you have and your ma' dula and all kind of sheet I don't know the terminalagy for and jeeze I freekin think just talkin about it gives it to ya AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH !! I think I got it too!!
Thanks for the cryptic messages Fritz, or Deter or HD2PLZE or whatever your name will be in a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have several home projects to get done! Unfortunately with the high temps and no threats of rain I've developed the "109 fever" myself and can't keep my a__ off the bike. A short jaunt anywhere turns into a 60-70 mile run. I return home, look at the projects, look at the bike and the next thing I know is I'm off again :) :) :) :) :)....I really like this bike!
Guess the only cure for the fever is downpours. With none in the forecast I guess I'll have to suffer with this illness :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
So that's what is wrong with me-- I have got a fever. I was wondering why my 10 minute ride home from work turned into an hour long ride down a road we call "snake" road. Thanks for the diagnosis. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
You guys are lucky! It's heading into winter here in NZ and the last week has been nothing but rain...
But the next fine day that comes along and I think I will be developing a bit of a cough...of course bad enough to have the day off work, but not bad enough to stay off the bike.
Hell I even washed it in the rain on Sunday just to have an excuse to get it out of the shed!

Addictive? Most definately!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pkn2 said:
You guys are lucky! It's heading into winter here in NZ and the last week has been nothing but rain...
But the next fine day that comes along and I think I will be developing a bit of a cough...of course bad enough to have the day off work, but not bad enough to stay off the bike.
Hell I even washed it in the rain on Sunday just to have an excuse to get it out of the shed!

Addictive? Most definately!
I didn't have a cough, just the fever of 109. :evil:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Broke my right foot last week. The doctor said I should not be driving while I have this cast on... How lucky can a gut get? A doctors note to drive less and ride more!!!!! :D :D :D

G

·
Sorry to hear about the problem Lamont. But FEVER would make a good vanity plate. Oh by the way everyone, I have already picked it as mine. Nanana Nanana!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too have the fever.  However, unlike a normal fever, I believe this fever has some very beneficial side effects.  I have noticed that my general well being is just better after getting the 109.  I don't seem to stress out as much, even though things at work have gotten very hectic.  I find that things that bothered me prior to owning the 109 just don't seem as bothersome.  When things at the homestead aren't going quite my way, I just walk out to the garage for a few minutes and gaze at the 109 and everything is better.  If they find a cure for the 109 fever, do me a favor and don't tell me about it.  :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
I picked up my 109 Friday and just couldn't get enough time riding and gazing at it this weekend. I took today off to ride her all day but the idiot dealer overfilled the oil and had to come pick it up because I was screaming bloody murder. They just called me and told me they were keeping her overnight for observation. I am just devestated that my day was ruined AND I'm now without my baby (sorry wifey). I may be sleeping in the garage tonight in her spot.....or I may end up at the dealer tonight and sleep beside the shop so I can be near her. Help me.....

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
speed28 said:
I picked up my 109 Friday and just couldn't get enough time riding and gazing at it this weekend. I took today off to ride her all day but the idiot dealer overfilled the oil and had to come pick it up because I was screaming bloody murder. They just called me and told me they were keeping her overnight for observation. I am just devestated that my day was ruined AND I'm now without my baby (sorry wifey). I may be sleeping in the garage tonight in her spot.....or I may end up at the dealer tonight and sleep beside the shop so I can be near her. Help me.....
Here, this might help Take two and call your dealer in the morning

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.