M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When the dealer put on my Barons Stealth License kit they cut it this way too. Is this correct? Here's a bigger picture..

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Are you talking about the massive hole in the fender showing the tire? Thats not cut, your missing the plastic inner fender cover..Looks like instead of cutting off the "beaver tail" they just removed it...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump

Hows that picture???

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Anybody else

I would like your opinons. When I look at the instructions it says that there will be a large space under the fender - check it out.....

BA-3181-00 Page: 1
STEALTH LICENSE & TURN SIGNAL MOUNT - Suzuki
Boulevard M109
Use Blue Loctite® on all hardware. Refer to owner's manual for any removal

Revision: 2.4 - 02/10/2010
questions related to the stock assembly.

Install Time: 60 Minutes

INCLUDED IN THE KIT:

Baron Powder-coated License Plate Holder
Chrome LED License Plate Frame
Stainless Hardware for Mounting Plate Frame
TOOLS REQUIRED:
10mm Wrench/Socket
4mm Allen wrench
5mm Allen Wrench
Wire Cutters/Strippers
Electrical Tape/Shrink Wrap
Zip Ties
INSTRUCTIONS:
This system is designed to work with stock turn signals, but you can substitute aftermarket signals like Baron Bullet
Marker Lights (BA-3400-00) instead of using the stock signals.
Installation is reasonably simple, providing you follow the instructions below implicitly.
As always, please read the instructions in full prior to installing the product. If you feel you don't understand the
instructions, please call our tech support line, or have the product installed by a competent technician.
We strongly suggest that all connections be soldered and covered with shrink tubing for best results and longevity.
1. Remove front seat with the ignition key.
2. Remove 2 bolts holding the passenger pillion or rear cover.
3. Disconnect the white electrical connector going to the taillight and remove rear fender/taillight assembly.
4. Remove 4 bolts securing rear inner mudguard (this plastic inner fender holds your turn signals, license plate light
and mount). NOTE: This will leave a space under the rear fender. It will not be seen.
5. Remove 2 bolts holding the silver bracket to the sub-frame. Unhook remaining electrical connections and remove
mudguard/turn signal assembly.
6. Remove stock turn signals (if you plan to reuse them) from mudguard.
7. Using stock bolts from the silver bracket, install the license plate holder, bolting it on from underneath. We
recommend using blue Loctite® on these bolts.
8. Install your stock turn signals (or other signals) in the license plate holder.
9. Install plate frame using supplied hardware (recessed allen head screws & lock nuts).
10. Run wires through the hole in center of plate mount.
11. Cut the white electrical connector off your stock license plate light. Be sure to leave as much slack as possible. It's
easy to trim it to fit later.
12. Splice the wires into your new chrome LED license plate. White on plate to grey wire on connector and black on
plate to black/white on connector (grey = positive, black/white = ground).
13. Be sure to zip-tie all wires up to prevent contact with rear tire.
14. Re-install the rear fender/taillight assembly and re-connect the white connector to the taillight.
Enjoy your new, Stealth License & Turn Signal Mount!
Our install guides provide a basic outline on the proper installation of our products. Further tuning and/or
fitment may be required. Barons bears no responsibility on installation costs associated with this product.
© 2010 Barons Custom Accessories

7401 Slater Ave. Huntington Beach, CA 92647 (714)274-4065 - Ph. (714)848-0718 - Fax www.baronscustom.com [email protected]

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ask the dealer for the missing part .... or you're gonna have some big problems with water and dirt ....... :edit:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yeah, instead of cutting off your beaver, they just removed the fender. Laziness
Id go get it back and cut the bever tail off and put it back on or your going to have crap (water) flying out of places that ant supose to be don`t wast anymore time just go get the part asap!!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It looks like they installed it like the instructions say. Not having a inner fender cover was not what I wanted so I got out the hack saw and cut it off. That cover keeps rain water and debris from flying up into the cowl and also protects the wires to the rear lights.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I installed the Barons Stealth License kit for the M109 on my M90 and I remember the instructions said to remove the inner fender liner, rather than cut it. I cut mine instead as I wasn't comfortable leaving the fender open like that.

The dealer should have supplied you with the piece they removed - if not, you should ask for it and cut it and install it. Nevermind what the instructions say...

Hope this helps...

·
Radio Active Member
22,690 Posts
I'd get it back and reinstall it too. The first time you ride in the rain or whatever you're going to get a lot of mud and muck up in there.

What did the do with all the wires? They normally lay across the plastic fender liner.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
They followed the directions but like the others I cut mine rather than leave that gaping hole. That will cause problems in the future. I'm not sure how Baron could think this is ok to do? It only takes a couple minutes to cut that plastic and still protect that portion of your bike from water and road debris. Definetly get that fixed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts