M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a novel idea, DLP! When someone places an order and you have to backorder it, INFORM THE BUYER! ??? Don't make them call you a week later and ask where their parts are! I am trying to be a good guy and buy from DLP because so many good people provide me assistance on this forum BUT your customer service and communication are severely lacking.:edit:

OK. we return you to your regularly scheduled programming.........

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Just call them when you need something. That way you can ask if they have everything. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Just call them when you need something. That way you can ask if they have everything. :dontknow:
:agree:to an extent. If you are gonig to have a web business, you should NOT have to call. I only call because I like asking questions. But, some people buy stuff while at work, and unable to call. So if you're going to base your sales on a web based store, SHOW AVAILABILITY! At the very least, send a email stating it on back order. Just my $.02

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
:agree:to an extent. If you are gonig to have a web business, you should NOT have to call. I only call because I like asking questions. But, some people buy stuff while at work, and unable to call. So if you're going to base your sales on a web based store, SHOW AVAILABILITY! At the very least, send a email stating it on back order. Just my $.02
:agree: but we know how there system is set up. So if time is not a factor, use the website.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is exactly my point. Other online retailers do a much better joba dn make it much less of a guessing game. The fact that the product is backordered is not really a problem. Not telling me aand losing a week is a problem. Also just my two cents.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Just got a part from UPS the other day from a dealer. They sent me a Email when they got the order, then when it got sent out and a number to follow the part. Can't ask for much more then that.

Dave @ NES.stone

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had called DLP to order my JSD-3M. They informed me it was back ordered and would take 4 weeks to arrive and 2 weeks to ship. It arrived in ONE week after I called. That was a very pleasant surprise. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I call my orders in 100% of the time... Always ask if the items are in stock... The one time that they quoted me that an item was in stock when i fact it wasn't they actually called me to let me know that they upgraded me to a more expensive part at no additional charge and sent it right out.. They have always done me right.. Sorry to hear about your bad experience NMclay..

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
when I buy ammo most of the sites have in red or bold "BACK ORDER" or "Not in stock". I would imagine some places don't really get the same things shipped weekly so I guess being a middle man would be tougher to do such a thing. Unfortunatly calling would take care of the problem. What really sucks is being billed 6 weeks before you receive your part not saying DLP does this but there are some companies that do..

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when I buy ammo most of the sites have in red or bold "BACK ORDER" or "Not in stock". I would imagine some places don't really get the same things shipped weekly so I guess being a middle man would be tougher to do such a thing. Unfortunatly calling would take care of the problem. What really sucks is being billed 6 weeks before you receive your part.
To give DLP the benefit of the doubt, they did NOT charge my card and would not have until it shipped.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
This has the number 1 complaint from hundreds of people on this site. And I am not talking from recent. This goes back to my first day here. It has not changed yet, I doubt it will.
We all know hundreds of sites that do a better job at customer service. We have all heard the stories of good and bad experiences with them.
I personally have not had any issues with them, but how you treat your customers speaks volumes.
If Ducks or Baldy or myself pulled any of this on our customers you all would have us drawn and quartered by now.
Hal has done a great job of taking care of the big issues that come up, but why do they KEEP happening? Hal, do you need someone who actually knows how to run a business that can deliver GREAT customer service? Is it time to clean house yet?
(my .5 worth, my thought are worth more then .2)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My experience with them was the worst ever. They were bull****ting me left and right for ten weeks and my order still wasn't complete. Plus they sent my risers all damaged.
I would rather pay double somewhere else, before I spend another dime with them. Total garbage!

·
Registered
106 Posts
DLP concerns

I E-mailed them to see if they shipped tires to Canada, since the US customs are really being ignorant to Canadians lately, i never heard back and i am not going to order if it will be confiscated at the border, Do they want some business or not.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I E-mailed them to see if they shipped tires to Canada, since the US customs are really being ignorant to Canadians lately, i never heard back and i am not going to order if it will be confiscated at the border, Do they want some business or not.
Why would it be confiscated at the Border?
Paul

1 - 20 of 22 Posts