M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now.

We discovered she has issues and needed medical intervention.

After spending more money on meds and monitoring that everything I have in my bike, we got the call today, that we need to be in at 8:00 tomorrow morning to get her pregnant.

On the interesting side of this is that she has 3 VERY ready eggs and what we are doing has about a 70% chance of fertilizing each of them.

So, by their math, the odds are great for one, better than average for 2 and not unlikely that all 3 will take.

If I end up with 3, I will need to be on a great number of rides, so keep those events commig:joke:

Getting the call today put so many things in perspective for me. I feel like I have grown up in hours.

I just hope that will pass.

I would hate to be too grown up.

Thanks for reading this.

I just needed to put it out there and get it off my chest.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
you could have just called me, I would knock her up for you :joke:

or, you could let her call you fire fighter 109, that has worked for a bunch of guys :joke:

okay, really, :congrats: that is way cool. hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now.

We discovered she has issues and needed medical intervention.

After spending more money on meds and monitoring that everything I have in my bike, we got the call today, that we need to be in at 8:00 tomorrow morning to get her pregnant.

On the interesting side of this is that she has 3 VERY ready eggs and what we are doing has about a 70% chance of fertilizing each of them.

So, by their math, the odds are great for one, better than average for 2 and not unlikely that all 3 will take.

If I end up with 3, I will need to be on a great number of rides, so keep those events commig:joke:

Getting the call today put so many things in perspective for me. I feel like I have grown up in hours.

I just hope that will pass.

I would hate to be too grown up.

Thanks for reading this.

I just needed to put it out there and get it off my chest.
Congratulations (perhaps that's too early) and good luck! Kids change everything about your life but you don't have to be that grown up....you can be kids together! I hope all goes well tomorrow for you and your wife!!!! I will be praying for you.......

·
Registered
810 Posts
I hope it works! My wife and went through 5 ivf's. It's a lot of money, but worth the outcome when it works.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
75 Posts
How cool for you, bud. My kids are by far and above the greatest accomplishments. Was like having new friends to hang with. and grow with....and spend every last frickin penny that you'll ever make...:eek:

Seriously....Congrats and best of luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good luck bud, my sister went through some very simular things as well. Its tough. i wish you both luck----God willing

·
Registered
893 Posts
My wife and I are also trying for babies but nothing yet, they have me taking more vitamins than I can stand but I take them with no problems - hope everything works out but not sure if 3 at once is what you are looking forward to - but will say some paryers for you two.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
:congrats: I agree with the guys here my kids changed my life for the better and it will for you

G

·
Time to start working on that carbon fiber bassenette. :bigthumbsup::p

And surveying for that detatched shop building.:D

:congrats:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts

or, you could let her call you fire fighter 109, that has worked for a bunch of guys :joke:

Too funnie , Chris , your terrible

Nothing worthy is ever finished in One Life Time ,Bro
Hope the Procedure works for Yall ,

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Best of luck to ya ! after having twins in college I can tell ya it is priceless ! I have a daughter in high school and a son that is 3 in july .

LIKE HINK SAID BEST THING EVER HAPPENED TO ME !

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Too funny.

I am not he problem though.

(hold on while I put lipstick on my ass, bc that is where I will be talking from here) - As i understand it, without meds, she passes imature eggs that are not capable of being anyting.

The meds she is on now force her to hold back the eggs so they can be ready.

Apparently, a mature egg should be 15+mm and she was passing them all under 7mm.

This round of meds has let her grow three eggs to 20mm, 22mm and 27mm:eek:

Think about that for a second. A golf ball is just over 40mm.

We gave her the shot to drop the eggs and at this size they say we get about a 70% chance on each.

I wish I could travel back in time and say try this set of meds first. It would have saved me enough money to buy another bike, or add greatly to my mods list, which I am not sure would actually be possible.

Now, if you looked at my profile, I am an attorney by trade, but I play poker semi-pro which basically means I am profitable and make more money doing that than working some months. With that said, I routienly lay out nice chunks of cash on odds worse than 70%. So, If I were a betting man, and I clearly am, I would bet good money that we should end up with at least one. The river is all that is left to come and I have 36 of 47 cards that will give me the nutts and I get to run it 3 times. But there is still the element of luck involved, so I will be holing my breath while that river card comes.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Time to start working on that carbon fiber bassenette. :bigthumbsup::p

And surveying for that detatched shop building.:D

:congrats:
About that - It turns out I need to work on my mold making. I wasted alot of CF and set that aside so I could finish the remainder of my mod list.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What did I get myself into?

My wife came out to the garage to tell me she could feel the monster eggs moving around.

This may have been misguided and may disprove the title of this thread, but my response was to cluck at her in my best funny chicken impresssion, arms flapping and head bobbing.

I thought it was funny.

She did at first, I think, because she busted out laughing.

Through her laughter, she declaired 'I am not a chicken',

Then, she said 'we had chicken for dinner' and started to cry.

I am in deep dodo here. Even when I make her laugh, I risk screwing up.

It is going to be a fun 9 months.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
:congrats: Hope everything goes well tomarrow will add you in my prayers starting tonight!! Good Luck Bro keep us posted!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
What did I get myself into?

My wife came out to the garage to tell me she could feel the monster eggs moving around.

This may have been misguided and may disprove the title of this thread, but my response was to cluck at her in my best funny chicken impresssion, arms flapping and head bobbing.

I thought it was funny.

She did at first, I think, because she busted out laughing.

Through her laughter, she declaired 'I am not a chicken',

Then, she said 'we had chicken for dinner' and started to cry.

I am in deep dodo here. Even when I make her laugh, I risk screwing up.

It is going to be a fun 9 months.
Sounds like she is haing her moment of realization this is going to happen
Yall will be fine , :bigthumbsup:
and dont let her Name any of the Kids Cris,, Firefighter will never let you live it down :joke:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I wish the best for you and the Ms. I'll say a prayer for you guys. I know first hand how difficult/emotional the process can be. :beer3: here's to the best outcome. If your gonna be selling your bike...I got first dibs on the swingarm....:a20:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts