M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what do you think?
(Yes even the it's ugly opinions are welcome).
:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
706 Posts
i like the wrap but does not match anything else . maybe if the muffler was black i would like it better JMO :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree it would look better wrapped the whole way, but I don't want to mess up the chrome on that muffler playing with it...
Maybe if I just yank the muffler all together...

·
Banned
706 Posts
JUtah said:
I agree it would look better wrapped the whole way, but I don't want to mess up the chrome on that muffler playing with it...
Maybe if I just yank the muffler all together...
that wrap with the scorpion tip -- :bigthumbsup:
and if your wheels were black -- that would look sick ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
i like the black wrap, that seems to be the going thing around here saw a bunch of bikes last weekend at a show done the same way :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Utah, I like the pipe. Looks very nice, but I have always admired your 9. Been one of the nicest bikes on
the forum. If I had to choose between the old look versus the new. I like the old look better. Still your 9 is Awesome!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a big custom bike show this weekend that Joe (BlkM109r) and I are putting our bikes in...

My latest incarnation of my pipe is unchromed with no heatshields and looks unfinished... (I'm waiting till winter to send it off for chrome)
So I had to come up with something to make it a little more "show ready" for this weekend.
I thought of wrapping the muffler too, and I'm sure that would look better, but I think the heat will trash the chrome finish on it...

(Dark Shadow, I like the chrome better myself... unless I did like DWanton said and blacked out more of the bike... But I've spent to much money on wheels to go down that path)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i like your chrome version better but since your in a pinch for a bike show, the black will do. to me it just stands out too much against the paint. your bikes always been one of my favorites.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Utah! That wrap is really good for a hp or 2! Bet you'll enjoy the heat relief too! Good luck in that bike show! You got a killer bike man!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Utah! That wrap is really good for a hp or 2! Bet you'll enjoy the heat relief too! Good luck in that bike show! You got a killer bike man!!!!!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Utah, I'd be disappointed it you blacked out you 9. It's just to beautiful to do that. I know your not considering it, but I think I'd have to cry if you did. The blacked out bike look great. Modifying it to be that way from the start. But it is a sin to even think that on your bike. :joke:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I love wrapped pipes I have mine done. :bigthumbsup: make should you run those in good before the show you would hate to show up smoking and stinking.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,052 Posts
It's hard to beat the original, it was a great looking setup. Looks like you have that one angled down a little more too.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Liner80 said:
I love wrapped pipes I have mine done. :bigthumbsup: make should you run those in good before the show you would hate to show up smoking and stinking.
I have a 2 hour ride up to Tulsa to get to the bike show, so they should be good and run in by then... Hopefully they don't discolor much, I like the DARK black they are now...

Zoom, it's the exact same pipe as my last one. (Same headers, Collector, Muffler, mounting brackets, etc.)
I just wrapped the head pipes and collector because they were un-finished and not really show ready.

Here's a pic of the "Before" pipe earlier this riding season... (This was with my custom head pipes from Raw Performance), and then the "after" pic. You can see it's just the angle of the photo that makes it look different.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm probably the only one who will say that I like the "discolored" look better. I do like the black wrap much more than a white one. Too bad that the don't come in say...orange....LOL
Anyway, it's your bike & you should do with it what you want. I like it anyway...but I know that I'll be backed WAY off in September if you take the muffler completely off...LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts