M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cranked mine up and was pissed when it started leaking again. :edit: So I did the only logical thing and decided if I caught on fire it was worth it because the dealer couldn't find the leak. I left it running and started taking apart the bike. I found the Fuel injector on the left side leaking at the o-ring where it goes into the throttle body. I just pushed it in and leak stopped. Not a permanant fix but will last while dealer orders my o-rings. Anyways I have seen a lot of posts about this so I hope this helps. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Sweet find bro! THanks for the info, noticed the smell of gas while riding mine a couple of times also. When I get home later this month I'm hoping NOT to find a puddle of fuel as so many others have posted about. If I do at least I'll have a place to start looking.

Update: Oct 21: Found no gas on the bike, had a full tank when I left, full when I got home. No smell of gas either... Guessing I spilled some on myself or the tank and thats where the smell was coming from.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Mine did it this morning...it seems to be dripping slowly from underneath the left airbox....there are 2 metal tubes that are small in size that come from underneath
it ...were it seems to be concentrated from...gotta go to work now but I'll investigate further.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ChuckyC said:
I cranked mine up and was pissed when it started leaking again. :edit:  So I did the only logical thing and decided if I caught on fire it was worth it because the dealer couldn't find the leak. I left it running and started taking apart the bike. I found the Fuel injector on the left side leaking at the o-ring where it goes into the throttle body. I just pushed it in and leak stopped. Not a permanant fix but will last while dealer orders my o-rings. Anyways I have seen a lot of posts about this so I hope this helps.  :bigthumbsup:
Hey just wondering if you could pin point the o-ring you are talking about in the manual if it has a blow up of the diagram or from the parts list online Alpha I think it is. I have often smelt gas at different times and if it every becomes to be a problem it would be great to know where to look. As you can probaly tell I am not that familliar with alot on the bike so if you could pin point it that would be great, Thanks the same :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks Bro :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine leaked from number 14 from above, the clamps on both sides had to be replaced. The left side was easy I had to remove the airbox on the right side to replace it :'( :'(

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats what the stealer is currently replacing on mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts