M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I decided to tilt my bars up to see if it would give me a more comfortable riding position. Almost everything went great. I drilled new locating holes in the bars for the controls and had everything just the way I wanted it. Then it happened. As I was making the final adjustment on my left mirror, I dropped the wrench. Naturally, it bounced off the top of the tank and took about a 1/8" diameter chunk out of the paint all the way to bare metal. Needless to say, I was sick. I could barely sleep all night just thinking about it.

The worst part is that because the exact same thing happened to me about 20 years ago, I kept telling myself to put a towel or something on the tank, but then I would just think naaa I'll be really careful. When it happened the first time, it was just an accident. Something I didn't think about. But, when I didn't learn from my mistake that's just stupidity.

Oh well, maybe it's time for some graphics.

G

·
Nester can help you out he makes custom graphics with paint protection material.

He is working on a "tattoo" for my passenger pillon right now.

PM him

G

·
I dropped the allen wrench I was using to loosen the mirrors to rotate them. It took a small chunk out of my tank. Oh well, its not the first chip or scratch that'll happen. Just gives the bike character.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts