M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cus: I went out for a late night cruise came home opened my garage & I thought the kickstand was down & down she went!! :doh: The clutch lever broke in half & I gotta small dent on the gas tank. I had the Kuryakyn chrome levers but they discontinued them on their website & I cant find any plain chrome wide levers anywhere. Does anyone want to sell some chrome levers :dontknow:eek:r know where I can find some plain chrome wide levers?

·
Banned
108 Posts
been there done that.... a few times, once with a Busa

Check out roaring toys , they may have something nice

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Ouch done that too! I got real lucky. I just rode to Houston and I was at the hotel meeting my wife. I stopped behind her Youkon to follow her & my daughter to the soccer field. I left the bike running, The front wheel was on the slightest downslope. While I was saying hello to my daughter, The bike fell over. I had highway/crash bars. That kept my tank from getting damaged. The only damage was to my clutch lever & scraped the chrome off my back blinker.
When you get it fixed, I would recomend the highway bars. For the small cost of them It will save you big time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
that sux sorry to hear that. I did the same thing once but luckily caught it on the way down with no damage!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried looking at roaringtoyz, phatcycles, metriccruiser, ebay, & kuryakyn.com all say their wide chrome levers have been discontinued :swear:
Does anyone else have any other sight to check out? I just dont wanna pay about $175 for some levers that I dont really like

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
you could get some chrome stockers from liquidpain he is the man for chrome. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: He is a member here. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I left my 9 on a jack last night with the wheels touching the floor. Wife called today to say you bike in on its side on the garage floor. Can you believe no damage. Crash bars did the trick.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I left my 9 on a jack last night with the wheels touching the floor. Wife called today to say you bike in on its side on the garage floor. Can you believe no damage. Crash bars did the trick.
Hi jim, as I was afraid that the inevitable might happen, I ordered an engine guard as soon as I got my 9. I am glad i did as by your confirmation it does help protect the bike.:p

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune; That really sucks, but you must find comfort in the fact that the damage was just minimal. You can never be too careful, but when I get off my bike I tend to step on the kick-stand while pulling the bike back to make sure that it is extented all the way--:dontknow: but for me it has become a habit:bigthumbsup:.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts