M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
"has had the factory wheels and rear hub assembly chromed! This upgrade would cost you over $1500 at the dealership!"

Really? Funny, my dealer didn't even offer this as an option. ::)

What an idiot! ::)

Actually, I would like to know how he managed to chrome the rear drive housing...??? :dontknow:

I saw somebody trying to do that here recently, and getting all the gears out and everything was proving to be a major PITA. And once the plating is done will everything fit back in correctly with the thickness of the plating taken into consideration? :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I sent the seller a question...

"Maybe you can explain to me a little about this liquid cooled drive shaft you have mentioned."

I'm interested to see how he explains it to me.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Medic1210 said:

"Maybe you can explain to me a little about this liquid cooled drive shaft you have mentioned."

I almost did the exact same thing! :a20:
Let me know what he says, I agree, it should be interesting! ::)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Actually, I would like to know how he managed to chrome the rear drive housing...??? :dontknow:

I saw somebody trying to do that here recently, and getting all the gears out and everything was proving to be a major PITA. And once the plating is done will everything fit back in correctly with the thickness of the plating taken into consideration? :dontknow:
I have been looking into chroming my hub and am so far on track to getting it done (Had to take a hospital break, not fun) It really isn't all that difficult a job after you figure out that you need two 5 mm bolts to lift off the rear of the housing after the screws are removed. Bearing also have to be removed and replaced and taking word from another member here who has gotten theirs chromed, there shouldnt be a fit issue if the chromer mask the area off as he should.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The above statements simply demonstrate that you guys don't know this bike as well as you think you do. The liquid cooled final drive was included in option package SKI109-B; that's the one that also includes the flux capacitor, which of course enables the bike to change colors when viewed in the moonlight.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Harkster said:
The above statements simply demonstrate that you guys don't know this bike as well as you think you do. The liquid cooled final drive was included in option package SKI109-B; that's the one that also includes the flux capacitor, which of course enables the bike to change colors when viewed in the moonlight.
Oh, dang. I feel dumb now.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Latinrascal said:
I have been looking into chroming my hub and am so far on track to getting it done (Had to take a hospital break, not fun) It really isn't all that difficult a job after you figure out that you need two 5 mm bolts to lift off the rear of the housing after the screws are removed. Bearing also have to be removed and replaced and taking word from another member here who has gotten theirs chromed, there shouldnt be a fit issue if the chromer mask the area off as he should.
Thanks you rascal you! :D :joke: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
BlackCherry said:
"has had the factory wheels and rear hub assembly chromed! This upgrade would cost you over $1500 at the dealership!"

Really? Funny, my dealer didn't even offer this as an option. ::)

What an idiot! ::)

Actually, I would like to know how he managed to chrome the rear drive housing...??? :dontknow:

I saw somebody trying to do that here recently, and getting all the gears out and everything was proving to be a major PITA. And once the plating is done will everything fit back in correctly with the thickness of the plating taken into consideration? :dontknow:
You guys are funny! ! ! :D :D :D
However, when I got my 109 on March the dealer quote me around 1,500.00 hundred dollars for labor of removing wheels and tires, ship them to the chrome place, install tires, wheel hub and balancing back and a one year warranty.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Latinbid said:
You guys are funny! ! ! :D :D :D
However, when I got my 109 on March the dealer quote me around 1,500.00 hundred dollars for labor of removing wheels and tires, ship them to the chrome place, install tires, wheel hub and balancing back and a one year warranty.
Yeah, mine quoted me $1200.... Actually that was to swap out with a set of rims they already had done for somebody else who ultimately didn't keep them.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Medic1210 said:

He's yet to respond to my question. :dontknow:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts