M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still had a great time riding on Saturday. :D

Me, Lucky (Chad), Georgia Roller (Nathan), and Tamara (Nathan's girlfriend) had a great day of mountain riding and fellowship. Other than Chad running out of gas to meet me first thing in the morning :doh:, the day went very smooth. A Harley guy stopped and helped Chad get some more gas......not all HD owners are jerks. :doorag:

Nathan and Tamara were staying up in the mountains so we split up and me and Chad headed back towards home. We got in some of the hardest rain I have ever ridden in. We might as well have jumped in a pool with our clothes on.......MISERABLE. For what it is worth, our bikes both have Tornados and the rain didn't bother them.

I did about 350 miles and Chad did about 450. I'm not sure about the love birds LOL :joke:.
Gas mileage on my first tank was 134 miles and 2.8 gallons=47.8 mpg. Second tank was 175 miles and 3.9 gallons=44.8 mpg. Not bad! What impresses me even more is that Chads bike with cams, pistons, and a custom map is not too much different than mine! :super:

Here are some of the pics....enjoy!

Chads bike:

Nathan's Ride:

Tamara's cool Harley:

My bike:

Group shots of the bikes:

Typical scenery from the day :bigthumbsup::

The happy couple.......Awww :D:

A "classy" HD rider:

I sure did enjoy the trip can't wait til the next one!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Man that was an awesome riding weekend. We had a great time with you and Chad all day Saturday. Tons of great roads & scenery and even better company! :doorag:

Us "love birds" (LOL) did just fine and got up in Waynesville, NC this morning and road arguably the best stretch of road I've ever been on. I'm talking about the Blue Ridge Parkway from Maggie Valley to Near Mount Pisgah. Nothing but smooth as silk blacktop, countless scenic overlooks, terrific views and endless curves. We can't wait to go back and do it again.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Glad to see that you guys had a good time, but hope to see you all at next years meet. :doorag:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Man that was an awesome day!! The riding was great and the company was even better. We set out to try and find some new roads to ride and we did accomplish that even though there were a few that needed some TLC but overall it was fun just trying something different. We definitely have to go back when it's not so crowded and go Waterfall hunting/exploring up 276. The weather was Hot and Muggy for the most part with a "SPLASH" of wet stuff but those are the little things that make it memorable as long as everyone gets home safely. Like Bobby said thought that was some of the hardest rain I have ever gone through not to mention lighting striking all around. :eek:

Glad to see that you guys had a good time, but hope to see you all at next years meet. :doorag:
Wish I could have made it this year but I will try again next year! :bigthumbsup:

Awesome video as always Nathan! :bigthumbsup:

I love how Chads exhaust looks:bigthumbsup:, where would i find one or is it custom?
James McCoy's Real Deal Race Header Pipe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts