M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I also need to announce something important in my 109's life.

At first I never understood the ritual, it didn't make sense to me. Motorcycles are things, mechanical things, noisy things.

The first time my b/f introduced me to the Magna, he said Meet Maggie. I chuckled thinking Maggie the Magna isn't that cute. He asked me what my bikes name was. It was a C50. I laughed, it doesn't have a name.

Your bike has to have a name or else they won't talk to you or listen to you.

I laughed it off. As I learned to ride and listen to my C50, she did begin to take on a personality I guess you can say. The right engine speed etc., the bike starts to let you know things. I started to think about it. One day it came to me. She was sweet and slow and good natured and never complained (except when cold starting). I could load her up and take her anywhere. She became my best friend at a bad time in my life. I named her SweetPea. She gave me many miles of slow comforting talks when I rode her to places I enjoyed seeing.

I then went to the Magna, she was shiny, light, quick, black, had attitude, and I began to look forward to her talks with me on the road also. 3 years of teaching me how to ride a bike that could do things bikes twice as big couldn't.

My b/f got his Hayabusa and for days said he was listening to hear what her name would be. One day about a week after he had her, he drove up and said "Bridgette". I said Bridgette who? He said the Hayabusa....Bridgette. How the heck did this happen? She finally told me her name.

So one of the first things my 109 needed to tell me was her name. It came to me last night as I was cleaning deer guts off of her and thinking about the days events.

She whispered to me as I was bending down, cleaning her chin piece thingies on both sides.

I hear her say softly......."I'm Gwendolyn" in my grandmothers voice. My grandmother, was named Gwendolyn, she had red hair, loved the color red, was fiery and determined in her life, just like me. Just like this bike. I believe my grandmother is with me and patting me on the back now, just like she did whenever she was proud of me.

I made her extra clean last night, checked her tire pressures, oil, put a little extra time making up to her for the way I subjected her to all those mean ole sportbikes.

I Christen thee......Gwendolyn.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Cool

I used to refer to her as "The Beast" If she was a girl she would definately be beasty.

OK I also need to announce something important in my 109's life.

At first I never understood the ritual, it didn't make sense to me. Motorcycles are things, mechanical things, noisy things.

The first time my b/f introduced me to the Magna, he said Meet Maggie. I chuckled thinking Maggie the Magna isn't that cute. He asked me what my bikes name was. It was a C50. I laughed, it doesn't have a name.

Your bike has to have a name or else they won't talk to you or listen to you.

I laughed it off. As I learned to ride and listen to my C50, she did begin to take on a personality I guess you can say. The right engine speed etc., the bike starts to let you know things. I started to think about it. One day it came to me. She was sweet and slow and good natured and never complained (except when cold starting). I could load her up and take her anywhere. She became my best friend at a bad time in my life. I named her SweetPea. She gave me many miles of slow comforting talks when I rode her to places I enjoyed seeing.

I then went to the Magna, she was shiny, light, quick, black, had attitude, and I began to look forward to her talks with me on the road also. 3 years of teaching me how to ride a bike that could do things bikes twice as big couldn't.

My b/f got his Hayabusa and for days said he was listening to hear what her name would be. One day about a week after he had her, he drove up and said "Bridgette". I said Bridgette who? He said the Hayabusa....Bridgette. How the heck did this happen? She finally told me her name.

So one of the first things my 109 needed to tell me was her name. It came to me last night as I was cleaning deer guts off of her and thinking about the days events.

She whispered to me as I was bending down, cleaning her chin piece thingies on both sides.

I hear her say softly......."I'm Gwendolyn" in my grandmothers voice. My grandmother, was named Gwendolyn, she had red hair, loved the color red, was fiery and determined in her life, just like me. Just like this bike. I believe my grandmother is with me and patting me on the back now, just like she did whenever she was proud of me.

I made her extra clean last night, checked her tire pressures, oil, put a little extra time making up to her for the way I subjected her to all those mean ole sportbikes.

I Christen thee......Gwendolyn.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i just call mine "phat ass". that way if my wife asks what i did today, i can say me & phat ass went for a cruz.
or i can say i love my phat ass or aint nothing better than my phat ass.

plus everybody should have a phat ass.....you get the idea.:D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i just call mine "phat ass". that way if my wife asks what i did today, i can say me & phat ass went for a cruz.
or i can say i love my phat ass or aint nothing better than my phat ass.

plus everybody should have a phat ass.....you get the idea.:D
Nope there is only one Gwendolyn.......but they are all big bootied 109s.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I didn't name my bike. I let my friends vote on the name.
Sure enough, after 5 guys and gals voted it was named "buzz buzz the horny hornet"

It was so ridiculous I couldnt disagree. The name sticks!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
lol, but i want phat ass, i thought about the name "meaty"

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
You're quite the writer Blondie, refreshing. No name for mine yet, The only thing she ever says is "feed me".

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I tried to name my bike 'Big Black', but it did not stick.

Guys I ride with started caller it 'The Bull' and it stuck and has even grown on me.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're quite the writer Blondie, refreshing. No name for mine yet, The only thing she ever says is "feed me".
See there's your problem already. You haven't learned how to listen to the females in your life Chief.

*sigh*. The things I have to teach you guys.

·
Registered
388 Posts
qutie the writer in deed and yes you are rite i always name my bikes you have look at them and get to know them and sooner than later it will come to you the name of your girl

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
See there's your problem already. You haven't learned how to listen to the females in your life Chief.

*sigh*. The things I have to teach you guys.
Man, have I heard this before! :confused:

·
Registered
550 Posts
The Intimedator is what my bikes are named. They have many brothers and sisters over the years. I talk to it all the time.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
.....yes dear
laffin.....That is not listening.....that is placating.

Treat the girls in your life right.....they treat you better right back.

Your bike has a name......get to know her or I guess in some cases him. Never knew a bike could be a him, but hey whatever they are they want you to know it.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
laffin.....That is not listening.....that is placating.

Treat the girls in your life right.....they treat you better right back.
Your bike has a name......get to know her or I guess in some cases him. Never knew a bike could be a him, but hey whatever they are they want you to know it.
....you're right dear
good answer!
Learned that years ago

1 - 20 of 80 Posts