M109 Rider Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, one of the lady riders I ride with bought Maggie. She fell in love with her the minute she saw her. I remember that feeling. She rode a HD 1200 Sportster, a dinosaur in comparison.

It was hard watching her be loaded up and taken away. It wasn't in the back of a truck she had ever seen. I could tell Maggie was little nervous about it. Easy Maggie, she will take as good a care as I did.

I remember the first time I met you. You felt so much lower and lighter than my other bike. You had attitude. You started with a touch of that button and never complained when it was cold. You had that special tone to your engine.

I remember the first time I rode you. I was scared of you....at first. Within a few miles you re-assured me you understood my nerves and you asked me to relax and let you do the work. You made shifting seem thoughtless to do right.

You gave me my first taste of speed. I remember watching 100 M.P.H. go buy and you kept giving me more.

I remember taking you to Bikeweek and while everyone else overheated and was pulling over, you simply turned on your fan and asked me to take you somewhere fun.

I remember how eager you were to show me you wanted to go to Savannah, Ga. that summer in 2005. You happily allowed me to degrade your looks with all those bunjee cords and saddle and tank bags filled with all the chick gear to be attached to you in willing hooks and holes.

I remember how you loved taking on those Harley's and letting them see my braided locks and pink roses on the back of my jacket as we were a black "something" that came and went by so fast.

I remember how you talked your way out of that speeding ticket because the cop never saw a girl go that fast on a Harley (that was a good one ole girl).

I remember taking you to the Dragon and you showed me what leaning in a curve was all about, and asked me to lean you some more.

I remember you leaping at the chance to take me to the Fla Keys and find the southernmost point of the U.S.

I remember his g/f wanting to ride on the back of you instead of his.

You gave me many miles of great company and I will miss you my friend.

I was a little teary as I walked back into the garage and cleaned off the space where she used to occupy.

I patted Gwendolyn, sat on her, asked her to be good to me. You have some big shoes to fill my new friend. I loved Maggie, in a different way. Please don't be mad about that.

She looked back at me and said, take me for a ride please. I've been patiently waiting for over a month to go somewhere. I can show you new things, take you new places, get up at dawn and ride through the night if you ask me to. Load me up with anything you want. I got hooks and holes too. Point me to where you want me to take you. Just take me and let me show you.

Sorry it's just a chick thing.

·
Registered
462 Posts
:'( I suddenly feel like I need a Snuggy and a gallon of Haagen Daz chocolate ice cream with Sleepless In Seatle playing on the tv. Wow

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I remember the first time I met you. You felt so much lower and lighter than my other bike. You had attitude. You started with a touch of that button and never complained when it was cold. You had that special tone to your engine.

I remember the first time I rode you. I was scared of you....at first. Within a few miles you re-assured me you understood my nerves and you asked me to relax and let you do the work. You made shifting seem thoughtless to do right.
We are talking about a motorcycle correct? :eek: Or did I miss something?

I'd hate to hear how you feel about returning a DVD to Blockbuster. :joke:

(You obviously love riding and your bikes. :bigthumbsup:)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I can't belive I read almost all of this. I think I have to go #2.:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
1. You need serious medical attention for your brain disorder.
2. The forum admin needs to install a 5 line maximum for you for all future posts so I don't end up wasting more of my precious life reading this dribble. It is a bike, nothing more.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
1. You need serious medical attention for your brain disorder.
2. The forum admin needs to install a 5 line maximum for you for all future posts so I don't end up wasting more of my precious life reading this dribble. It is a bike, nothing more.
:agree: I sure hope there is only one of her, LOL My life has a hole right now, A BIG hole, But I am hopeful it will be filled soon. WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey you guys. Put me on ignore. That way you don't even see my post.

Nobody is forcing you to read it now.

I've made a few of you disappear and you won't miss a thing.

Or you can go moderate another board somewhere else and see how that works out maybe.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Or you can go moderate another board somewhere else and see how that works out maybe.
I have been here long before you knew that a 109 even existed. This is my home, whether you like it or not. I do commend you on your last post though....keeping it below 5 lines. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
A lot of us do think of our toys as more than just a car or a truck or a boat ora a bike.

Reading the post did make me feel a little sad for Maggie but happy for Gwendolyn.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.