M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a new leather vest last week because my old vest does not fit me any longer (Yes, I picked up some weight due to health problems). :yikes: I wanted a vest that fit me at my present size and decided to get the AeroVest. 90 Bucks @ jacksflaps.com

This vest is supposed to help you with the airflow over your helmet. You know, the shirt collars slapping/stinging your neck & the head buffeting. I also wanted to ride a little and get some experience with the vest before I commented on it. :read:

I found it to be of good quality leather, buttons/snaps & stitching. It has two outer pockets & not 1 but 2 inside the vest pockets about 7 inches deep. There are two large flaps, which look like pocket flaps when not deployed. Once speed is built up, the flaps deploy and reroute the wind up and over you. They have many large sizes (Read that M109R large guy sizes!), which attracted me to them as well. :hot: :clap2:

You must have a windshield for this vest to be effective. I have the smallest Memphis Shades shield called the Shooter. The vest proved to be very effective for my 6' 3" frame and me. I'm guessing that the larger shield you have on a 109 the better and more effective the AeroVest becomes. :dontknow:

Over all, I would have to rate this product as working as advertised with great quality leather & stitching, accommodates Large sizes & aerodynamically functional. :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a newbie to this board and want to thank Chuck for the report about the "AeroVest". I will answer any question about the performance of the vest, either here or from my website www.jacksflaps.com. If you are having an updraft problem buffeting your head or jiggling glasses or mustache up the nose, take your left arm, hand open, palm down and put it across your chest at 60 mph to see if that helps with the updraft problem, if so, perhap the vest is right for you. I'll be lurking so feel free to inquire---thanks---jack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts