M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all have seen many posts about how great the 109 is ...

But I'm sorry to add another post on the same subject - but I'm really giddy about this bike!

I've been riding since my first Sears mini bike in the early '70's and have had many, many differen t street bikes since.

But this 109 is just too COOL! It has such a unique personality, and it just runs and rides like nothing else - it just continues make me SMILE. With the recent UltraFlow air kits, PCIII, and debaffled stock pipes mods ... I'm in heaven.

And not to mention JR's "stock upgrade" PCIII map - it all just works! I just ordered a Suzuki gel seat - not for the comfort cause the stock is just fine to me - but for the looks ...

Sorry to ramble and reiterate what others have said many times - but this bike is just too much fun ... and that's from a guy that also has a Busa.

Suzuki has definitely hit a grand slam with this cruiser - thank you all for all for the great ideas and input, and special thanks to JR. I have been a member of many other forums over the years with my various bikes, and this one is special because of the folks like JR who just want to help fellow bikers enjoy their scooter passion.

I think I will go back out to the garage and gander at the beast some more ....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other than the great looks and awesome power ... and I mean awesome power for a cruiser ... I am so impressed with how tight this bike is. Nothing bothers me more than rattles, etc. - this bike is just so tight!

Though I think the rear shock is too stiff - just got a spanner and will loosen it up just a little - the bike just handles so well for a 700 lb. behemoth. It reminds me of the tightness of a Porsche, Lexus, etc.

Not trying to bash other cruisers, but prior to this one I had Yammy RoadStar - great bike - but it just seemed to loose, too many rattles, clanks, etc. (drove me crazy trying to eliminate them)- I just love the the tightness (no noises) of the 109's suspension.

G

·
Ahhh just today I was talkin to some guys at work and one of the guys was talking about how he didn't like that japanese cruisers were all plastic and I told him that this is the first cruiser that is supposed to be 1/2 plastic...

"why's that?"

"well its 1/2 sportbike, dude....."

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
eire1965 said:
I've got it so bad that I actually look forward to going to work every morning because I get to ride the 109. :D
I have to say I'm right there with you .................... and I have a 60mi commute to work if I take the short way (90mi if I take the fun way) :eek: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Bonehead said:
I have to say I'm right there with you .................... and I have a 60mi commute to work if I take the short way (90mi if I take the fun way) :eek: :bigthumbsup:
I have 148 mile round trip to work, so I haven't ridden the 109 in ...yet. It's deer and oryx season, neither of which do I want to tangle with. I need to have a ride my bike to work week...or day...or something :doorag:

Devilish

·
Registered
414 Posts
I know what you mean, I still have my son's Volusia here and have a hard time taking it to work every now and then to keep it running for him...it sat so long this time I had to put a charge on the battery to get it started this morning...I think I might have to trade his in for the new red 109...I don't think he'll whine about it if I do...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts