M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have an install video for the Bleed Feed Air Ride Next week.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
664 Posts
okay so who is gonna install the titanium blocks on there frame first? :evil:... now i wanna see that video :doorag:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Big Joe said:
I will have an install video for the Bleed Feed Air Ride Next week.
Big Joe.
Hey Big Joe
Did you ever do the install video?
I have search this site and Kewlmetal's site but didn't find the video.
If anyone knows where it is please post me the link as I am hoping to install mine today!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HelmetTown said:
Hey Big Joe
Did you ever do the install video?
I have search this site and Kewlmetal's site but didn't find the video.
If anyone knows where it is please post me the link as I am hoping to install mine today!
We did the viedo but still need to edit it.
I hope to post it soon.
Big Joe,

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Cool how about coming out to Tampa, doing the video on my bike then taking a ride to Daytona and one of my bikes. I will let you take your pick. Oh by the way picked up your tank today. I like the pop up gas cap and now for the body work and seam :p :p

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oak said:
Cool how about coming out to Tampa, doing the video on my bike then taking a ride to Daytona and one of my bikes. I will let you take your pick. Oh by the way picked up your tank today. I like the pop up gas cap and now for the body work and seam :p :p
What airport do I fly into? :D :D
Big Joe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oak said:
Fly into Tampa and I will pick you up Great weather all week!
The wife says no can do, due to prior engagement stuff and that kind of CR***P :( :( :( :realmad: :realmad: :cus: :swear: :cus: :swear: :mad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :cus: :mad: :swear: :cus:
Big Joe.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Big Joe said:
The wife says no can do, due to prior engagement stuff and that kind of CR***P :( :( :( :realmad: :realmad: :cus: :swear: :cus: :swear: :mad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :cus: :mad: :swear: :cus:
Big Joe.
Just tell her you are going to a toilet bowl convention! :joke:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey Joe,
Got half of the Air Ride kit installed
Shock is mounted with the fixed end (red dot) towards the front - hopefully this is correct.
I had to remount the Power Commmander (velcro on top of the battery cover ( hopefully the seat will still fit) to allow the valve body to be mounted in the place stated inside the left cover area.

The problem I am stuck with at the moment is the mounting of the pump.
I am not sure if my bike (which is California Spec) is different, but where the Pump mounting bracket goes, there is a cylinder with fuel hoses routed to it (I couldn't find mention of it in the Manual), but there is not enough room to mount the pump in the position the instructions show it should be mounted. The pump is also slightly different from the one in the instruction sheet photo.

Do you have a solution for this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
HelmetTown
i to, have just finished installing the air ride system to my 9 and found
that the fitting instructions are a bit vage and dont go into enough detail.

I compaired the two shockers after i removed the stock one and fitted the air shock as you said with the fixed end towards the front of the bike and the long shaft towards the rear of the bike.You must also be carefull when you fit the valve assembly that you have the vent hole facing out away from the frame to vent the air from the shock.

I had no problems fitting the compressor, but i have noticed that because the compressor is mounted to the top of the swing arm , when the bike is all the way down , the compressor is jamed hard up under the plastic battery box and given the amount of heat that is generated by the compressor , it may melt the plastic ect.

The bikes we get down here in Australia dont have that fuel canister that you have fitted to your bike,so you may have to modify your fuel system a bit to fit the compressor ect.Im have trouble with my compressor at the moment and cant get the bike to rise back up to normal hight,but im sure when i ring Big Joe tomorrow he wil be able to help me work out what is wrong with the set up ect.

I think a step by step install vidio is a very good idea indead for us dummies.
I hope all goes well with the rest of your air ride setup,

ps I mounted the two switches up on the bars with the other controls.

Should be a good thing ,if i can get the bloody thing to work that is.

Cedric from OZ.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just spoke to Joe and the Video is due to be posted to the board tonight. CA bikes have the Fuel Evaporative Canister where the pump needs to be mounted so as I now live in Nevada, I guess the canister will just have to go!

·
Registered
117 Posts
i did a search for an update on the "Big Joe Air Ride Install Video" and came up with nothing. Big Joe, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks and Aloha,
~nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts