M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamont gets to leave in the morning and I have to sit here and wait until Friday. I have to pretend like I am doing something here at the office for the next two days. How did I get myself into this. Vacations should always start on Monday of the week before. Its times like this I wish I lived in France. Don't they get more vacation time than just about any country in the world.LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Hal, you want me to come tend shop, and let you go ride NOW? :)

I hate being bored as well...

Time to go "test" something ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Well, since you're bored Hal :p , can you direct me to some pics of the Memphis Shade Shooter windshied (on the 109). I know you have the other, taller one, but I am intested in the smaller one. Any idea how well it works? I'm about 6' tall. I'm guessing it would only keep wind off my chest? Also, what is "buffeting". I'm guessing that's when your helmet is inbetween the dead spot behind the windshield and the air coming across the top of the shield?
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Well I'm not bored. When we went to load your bike we found some parts that were missing screws so I got to take the right side radiator cover apart and replace two screws that were missing. You're good to go now. :bigthumbsup:

It took some doing but I got everything in the trailer and now I just have to pack and I'll be out of here in the morning. See you Friday Hal. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:



 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigGuyNKC said:
Well, since you're bored Hal  :p , can you direct me to some pics of the Memphis Shade Shooter windshied (on the 109). I know you have the other, taller one, but I am intested in the smaller one. Any idea how well it works? I'm about 6' tall. I'm guessing it would only keep wind off my chest? Also, what is "buffeting". I'm guessing that's when your helmet is inbetween the dead spot behind the windshield and the air coming across the top of the shield?
Buffeting is the wind that starts to bounce you around when you least expect it. I posted photos of the Shooter on here. Try a search. I will do one and see if I find it.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well you could always fly into SkyHarbor airport and ride the blue beast for two days while Lamont pounds out those boring miles to Prescott.

Is he always messing with you and your bike. :joke: :joke: He sure seems to be pretty rough with your gear? :joke: :joke:

Missing screws, bald tires, second fiddle on the pipes. :evil: :evil: :joke: :joke:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And I almost forgot about the Dyno day this week at Thunder MFG, and I think we are taking it over to S and S for some pipe talk? So I doubt if you would be bored.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
I guess I've always called "buffetting" a high speed wobble. I hear ya. I tried searching on "Windshield" and "shooter" and didnt' see it. Also, any idea if they make different clutch and brake levers for the 109 yet? I have seen some that are curved for each finger, all chrome, look very cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Hal, JYD here ,if the weather is nice tomorrow night we're going to Hooters. I have a Rune sitting in the warehouse I told you that you could ride. Just let me know. Jim :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
When I'm bored at work, I look for things to buy off HDL. ;)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
flunky said:
 Hal , just chrome something . that should ease your mind .
The only thing holding me back from being really excited about this trip is that I have this idea for a $199 air kit that I can't shake out of my head. Not to be confused with the Big Air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Hal,
I ordered my hellcat from you and should receive it on Friday. After initial install, how hard is it to remove?

Mazatrol
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MAZATROL said:
Hal,
I ordered my hellcat from you and should receive it on Friday. After initial install, how hard is it to remove?

Mazatrol
If it takes more than a minute we will revoke your tools.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
The only thing holding me back from being really excited about this trip is that I have this idea for a $199 air kit that I can't shake out of my head. Not to be confused with the Big Air.
$199 ???

I'll take it!!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
is that I have this idea for a $199 air kit that I can't shake out of my head.Â
Why oh why do you do this us :joke:................ alright, now how about sharing a little insight on what you got planned :pop: :D

We're all ears.....er eyes I meant :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Lamont gets to leave in the morning and I have to sit here and wait until Friday. I have to pretend like I am doing something here at the office for the next two days. How did I get myself into this. Vacations should always start on Monday of the week before. Its times like this I wish I lived in France. Don't they get more vacation time than just about any country in the world.LOL.
Fly out today to be sure everything is ready when they arrive. You could do the early reconnaissance work like where are the best steaks served, Best bloody Mary's etc
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top