M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down a secluded road, I took a fairly curvy right corner, then an immediate left corner equally as curvy. Not usually a problem, unless your doing 130KMH. I almost went right over into the gravel shoulder. At that speed and that angle, it would have been lights out.
Could have very easily gone bad. Makes you pay more attention to whats ahead, instead of getting too caught up in the fun.
Keep you eyes down the road guys.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had a "squirrely" experience of my own recently. The roads in the mountains around here are covered with "tar snakes". It seems that's the quickest way to repair the roads before the snow starts again. Anyway, you get the summer sun shining on them all day and they get pretty damned slick. And, of course, the corners are the first part of a road to need repair, so the corners are covered with them. I was taking a corner in Boulder Canyon a couple weeks ago, from a shaded part of the road to a portion exposed to the sun and almost ended up in oncoming traffic because the rear end would break loose, then grab, break loose again and grab again. I let off the throttle slowly, hoping that a high-side wasn't in my immediate future. I've seen sport bikes do this on t.v. and always admired these guys for seeming to be in control of an uncontrollable situation. I don't care to ever experience that sensation again on the M :eek:

"Good on ya" for being able to reel it back in :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Man do the war stories go on...it's funny how you can talk to a lot of bikers and they can all share stories.

·
Registered
898 Posts
glad you pulled it out...it wakes you up and makes you a better rider down the road :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any save is a good save.
I had a close call today.... a guy in a huge jacked up F-350 pulled right out in front of me. I kinda anticipated it when I noticed him NOT even look my way before he began to pull outta the intersection. I locked it up and stopped just short of T-bonein'm.

G

·
I had a tough one last week. My neighbors dog ran out into the street at full sprint. I was doing about 30+ and hit both brakes hard. This bike will stop quick if you need to! Still hit and spun the dog with the front wheel. Turns out he is fine thank God.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
I had a "squirrely" experience of my own recently. The roads in the mountains around here are covered with "tar snakes".
<snip>
I was taking a corner in Boulder Canyon a couple weeks ago,
<snip>
Hey Trouble! I live in Longmont and I have noticed Boulder Canyon tar snakes have been really squirrely this last month with the 95' heat. They seem worse between the tunnel and the falls. The snakes are not as bad as the tar puddles though. Avoid those!

One thing I would recommend, if you do some canyon carving, is to check your tire preasure. Make sure it is not too high or low. If it is too high you won't generate any heat in the tire and won't have as good of grip.

Anyway good save. Maybe see you around town.
Marc

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hello, Marc

I get up toward Longmont occasionally. In fact, I'll be going through there this weekend on the way to Estes Park. I'll be lookin' for ya next time I'm there :bigthumbsup: I'll keep a closer tab on the air pressure next time :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
went into a turn the other day and wasn't paying attention. Just bought it 2 weeks ago and not used to the handling. Didn't lean enough and dropped it. Ass is sore and tank is dented. Made me think all day and am a better rider for it. Cheap lesson in hindsight. Will do a little shadow painting with repair. Gas float seems to have jarred off and tank reads empty. Reassemble from underneath?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts