M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost forgot to thank Eric from MTC who met me in Daytona and gave me 10 sets of his new clutch springs to have folks test out. I gave them all out in Daytona and now I just need the people who got them to put them on their bike and give us some feedback.

Check out his website to see what kind of stuff he can do:

http://www.mtceng.com/

He provides the pistons for all of Tony Schumacher's race team which includes Angelle Sampey.Â

And he provides the parts for Kent Stotz who is one of Lamont's buddies:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
How hard is it to change out clutch springs? Does it take special tools and what not?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J R said:
I have been a bit sick since I got home Hal and will work on getting them installed at some point soon and let ya know how they do at the track and on the street.Thankyou ;)
Don't worry about the springs. Just get rested up. I think you wore yourself out. Too much fun.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Anyone having the stock clutch slipping? The only thing I've heard about is the ends comming off the clutch cable.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ron S said:
Anyone having the stock clutch slipping? The only thing I've heard about is the ends comming off the clutch cable.
i had two bolts back out of my clutch and had to have the whole clutch replaced and the outer friction plate was non excistent. so the dealer replaced the whole clutch and outer cover. woot,woot for warrenty.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah I've heard of the bolts backing out, and the cable ends comming off,but not any trouble with the springs,or plates,so far.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I must have the only clutch(other than jassman) that locks up solid. :D The only thing that has slipped on my 109 is the rear tire. Maybe it you spanked that puppy about 20 runs a week end at the local strip,every week end ya might need something(like a complete clutch set ) :dontknow:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ok Jr. I got it now. :bigthumbsup: I was starti'n to freak out,thinki'n maybe the clutch faded after a couple of hard runs,or started grabbi'n(we don't wanna go there, again HA!) Thanks for the info. 8) Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts