M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...............I lost my bid on a 2000 Trans am WS6 on ebay my a measly $100.00. Was all set to drive 300 miles to chicago with a co-worker because he was picking his 97 TA up. Instead of going to Chicago I drove to Suzuki and bought the bike. If it hadn't been for losing the auction, well i probably wouldn't have the bike. Thank you unkown auction buyer.. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
...............I lost my bid on a 2000 Trans am WS6 on ebay my a measly $100.00. Was all set to drive 300 miles to chicago with a co-worker because he was picking his 97 TA up. Instead of going to Chicago I drove to Suzuki and bought the bike. If it hadn't been for losing the auction, well i probably wouldn't have the bike. Thank you unkown auction buyer.. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
I have 1999 Carl Black Trans Am (WS6/Ram air on steroids...)... excelent car to have, lots of fun.... but the M109R (stock) may be just a lil tiny bit faster in the 1/4 mile... not alot, but maybe a lil...
Both is a much better choice :D
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moonbaby said:
Both is a much better choice :D
:bigthumbsup:
Had a 1998, a little less HP due to the old computer. Still damn fun. Wish i wouldn't of sold it. The things you think you have to sacrifice to buy a house isn't necessarly the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How unbelievably lucky for you. I have owned 3 WS6 TAs and 2 Firehawks(very fast). All of them were bought brand new or with less than 7k miles. All of them started to fall apart before 30k miles. Literally. Here's a list:

Sun visors broken off at the shaft when putting down: 4

Broken seat belt guides from minimal contact: 3

Soaked floorboards from ac backup: 2

Monsoon stereo replacements: 2

Faulty/worn out ignition switches: 2

Stuck up/down pop-up headlights: 4

Glove box doors that fell of: 2

Other broken/defective equipment that I can't remember specifically: about 37

In short, great engine, great transmission. Rest of car = junk. The 109 will treat you much better, be a lot more fun and far less aggravation.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
did this happen a while back, because you've been posting like you own one? or is this another one or a second one?

·
Registered
51 Posts
T O onezero9r said:
In short, great engine, great transmission. Rest of car = junk. The 109 will treat you much better, be a lot more fun and far less aggravation.
I know exactly what you mean. I have owned several TAs and I bought a loaded out 2002 (last year made) WS6 Convertible. I had hoped the quality would be better on the last one. 1600 miles-rear end replaced, 5000 miles-too many squeaks, rattles, and interior parts falling off. Traded for a new 2002 Harley F150. Truck never gets out of the garage now that I have the 109.

·
Registered
664 Posts
as Far as Trans AM reliability... Get te Carl Black version :).. its amazingly reliable...
in the past 6 years of ownership of this beast I have had the following
a thermostat stick
a couple fuses
lots of tires (only seem to get 5,000 miles a set of tires hmmmmm)
brakes (baer brakes now..)
i have done 4 headlight motors.... yeah the headlight motors suck... there a pain to change as well...
Thats it... Carl Black builds a bad machine :)
So if ya see a Carl black TA, it's safe to buy... little to no problems...

and the scary part is... she is parked because I wanna ride the M109R more..lol  :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts