M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here ever used them before or better yet if they even work on the 109? Also can you throgh in how exactly do they work and what makes them so dam Hyper in the first place :D

Walt

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Barakus said:
Just wondering if anyone here ever used them before or better yet if they even work on the 109? Also can you throgh in how exactly do they work and what makes them so dam Hyper in the first place :D

Walt
I think you would have to feed pressurized air from the charger to both sides of for throttle bodies. JR would probably be your best bet for figuring if you could do it or want to. :dontknow:

Chuck

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
there's nothing hyper nor charging about them. it's just a fancy name. i bet they are going to perform better than stock. i doubt they'll be the top performers though, as their filter surface area looks smaller than something like a big-air. not sure how laminar the flow is inside that cowl either. but, they look really kick ass.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Barakus said:

Walt
Yes, they can be mounted to the 109 either with a little ingenuity, or using the DLP air kit back plates. Here's a link to one http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0 As for the "charging" question.. as mentioned, they aren't gonna force air in pressurized.

phaed said:
i bet they are going to perform better than stock. i doubt they'll be the top performers though, as their filter surface area looks smaller than something like a big-air.
Lamont said they tested the hypercharger, and it made less power than the Big Air. As for surface area of the filter, I'm not sure what the diameter is, but it is a round filter like the big air. Maybe not as big though. Should definitely be an improvement over stock.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Barakus said:
Sounds like the big-air system is still the best in terms of performance I would love to get some hard specks though.

Thanks

Walt
Thunder's Tornado air kit is making numbers as good as the Big Air too. :bigthumbsup: Based on the prices of their other Tornado air kits... it looks like you can get it for less than the Big Air... especially if you do without the chrome dildo cover, which runs just over $100 alone.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Barakus said:
Just wondering if anyone here ever used them before or better yet if they even work on the 109? Also can you throgh in how exactly do they work and what makes them so dam Hyper in the first place :D

Walt
I used to sell them, by the truckload! They don't perform nearly as well as the Big Air type air cleaners. Keep in mind that the exposed filter area is still inside a box and is therefore somewhat restricted with these, and then the filter element itself is a lot smaller than the BAK type cleaners. And no, you don't get any kind of RAM Air effect with them either. They are more show than go. Many many bikes have been dyno'd with both types back to back, and the Hyperchargers always fall 1-2 hp short. The butterfly valves are kinda neat and that's what people like about them, but if you want maximum performance look elsewhere. Also keep in mind that on the M109R you will need TWO of them! $$$$$$
;) :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Barakus said:

Walt
I put a set of the Pro-R's on my 109. They definitely flow better than stock. The "Bells-and-Whistle" factor is the best part of it with the butterfly valves.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=6010.0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts