M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped by a new performance bike shop in town and the owner said he'd be willing to produce some units (12 to start) on his CNC to adapt an intake to our bike. I know some of the braver souls have modified the plastic air box to hold aftermarket intakes, but I've also read about some cracking. I prefer the Hyperchargers:

But am also open to the Tornado Air kit:

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?l=product_images&p=244 (sorry, couldn't get the pic to work).

Are there any other people who might like to get in on this? Not looking for definates yet, but some good faith responses would help. Also, if there is another intake out there that I am unaware of, suggestions more than welcome. Once an intake is decided and I have purchased it, the shop said about two weeks to make the part.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I couldn't do it now.. got to many other projects going on... but a tornado kit is deff in my future. I like the hyper chargers but if i am going to spend the money it will deff be on the tornado's.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would Definitely love adapters for the hypercharger! and buy them too once he got them made.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Here is a picture of the Tornado Air Kit for you, on a different bike though:

·
Registered
743 Posts
with the cracking of the plastic i have worked out what caused it where the mounting screw is it needed a washer behind it because the plastic was bending back and this caused it to crack something suzuki missed i would check your bikes too make sure its not bent too much its the top mount on the right hand side

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd be down.... would they be able to mod a Cobra Power Flo intake??

http://www.cobrausa.com/access_detai...ntake%20System

This thing looks great....

Can't get past the left side having to be upside down on hypercharger. Just anal I guess.

:agree: Definately agreed about the upside down hypercharger, but am willing to accept it. As for pricing, he said he couldn't give me a price at all until he had both the bike and the intakes. I did forget to mention a couple of things. There are two kinds of Tornado air kit and I got an e-mail from Thunder saying they both have the same mounting pattern, so either would work if we went that way. Ditto for the Hyperchargers. Seems that "most" (I hate that word, but it's what Kuryakyn said) of the Hyperchargers have the same mounting pattern. One more clarification, we would be buying whichever intake we decided on, the shop would just do the adapters.

I just sent Cobra an e-mail asking for some dyno runs before and after that intake. I agree, it is very sexy :drool:. Seems a little lower profile than the Hypercharger too. Can someone guide me on how to make a poll so we can get some better numbers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in the process of cutting my intakes up and using ¼" plexy glass to mount my MoFlow intakes. My plan is to make the adapter then take it over to a aluminum machine shop and have a whole new metal intake. I figured if I use a Harley bolt pattern for my adapter, then I can install any intake I want and there's plenty of them for Harleys.
I was going to order hypercharger's but I didn't want the water vent on top in case I end up riding in the rain and flooding my intake, then I found these http://www.cyclevisions.com/cv-accessories/moflow-air-cleaners/ there's no vents on the outside like the hypercharger, they have an open back side facing the engine so all the water gets deflected.
I just got back from Iraq yesterday so hopfully here in a few days ill be able to finish them up and ill post some pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most chargers are for Harleys so most kits one side, unless you bought a kit for a bike with 2 intakes like the M90 or 109. If you paying 300 or so it's most likely only one side. The intakes I bought are 299 each so 600 to fit them to my M90, I got lucky and found them on Ebay for 150 each :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
i got the v chargers from demoncycles cost $69 each and with the hole at the top on the left all i did was put the m90 sticker over it and the same on the other side then cut a hole in the bottom left on for the water

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
i got the v chargers from demoncycles cost $69 each and with the hole at the top on the left all i did was put the m90 sticker over it and the same on the other side then cut a hole in the bottom left on for the water
How much did u pay for shipping gav, the online quote thing is saying $199usd to ship??

·
Registered
743 Posts
How much did u pay for shipping gav, the online quote thing is saying $199usd to ship??
i think i payed $140 us still it was cheaper than anything else i could get for 2 airfilters

1 - 20 of 30 Posts