M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've always been a big fan of the hypercharger look and this just further solidifies that belief. Great job. Did you mod your pipes and if so what did you do?

G

·
Great job, pix and video. Could you share with us the install process. I am very interested in the "How To". Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Let me be the first to congradulate you, that really looks nice, your whole bike does :bigthumbsup:
How did you do the backrest or is that a corbin seat. That is real nice too. A++ :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks great. How did you modify the left one and the drain hole issue? I believe the hyper charger is only made for the right hand side of the bike thus the left on is upside down? I am sorry but have been weighing in between these and a big air set up. And just want to know all challenges before i start.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron S said:
Yeah Gene,how about a little info. :bigthumbsup:
It's not too difficult. You use the old mounting brackets from the stock air intake. If you can get ahold of the Hypercharger body your good to go. You don't need the Kuyrakyn mounting brackets stuff, but you do need to make a trip to Home Depot for longer mounting bolts, spacers, and vacuum hoses. You also need a section of flex air intake tube from Pep Boys ($18.00).

P.M. Me if your interested in doing it. I can talk you through it.

The backrest is a aftermarket Victory backrest. You have to bend the bracket a little to make it work, but it fits snug without any mounting hardware. It greatly reduces back ache.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chevyguy_72 said:
Looks great. How did you modify the left one and the drain hole issue? I believe the hyper charger is only made for the right hand side of the bike thus the left on is upside down? I am sorry but have been weighing in between these and a big air set up. And just want to know all challenges before i start.
The left side is upside down. You can either 1) not ride in the rain, or 2) drill another drain hole on the bottom. I personally not mind the look of the left one with the top exposed. Your choice.

Of all the ones out there I think (Just my opinion) that this is the best looking set-up. Performance also seems to be much better than stock. It uses an air filter approximately the same size at the "Big-Air."

·
Registered
58 Posts
What about performace. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that Lamont indicated that these weren't much for #'s.....just looks.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
looks great. i've been wanting a pair for a long time. been waiting on thunder to release their mod...and waiting, and waiting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
emvanderpol said:
It's not too difficult. You use the old mounting brackets from the stock air intake. If you can get ahold of the Hypercharger body your good to go. You don't need the Kuyrakyn mounting brackets stuff, but you do need to make a trip to Home Depot for longer mounting bolts, spacers, and vacuum hoses. You also need a section of flex air intake tube from Pep Boys ($18.00).

The backrest is a aftermarket Victory backrest. You have to bend the bracket a little to make it work, but it fits snug without any mounting hardware. It greatly reduces back ache.
Can you hook us up with the source for your backrest? You say it is an aftermarket Victory, but which manufacturer. This looks EXACTLY like what I am looking for. My big a$$ keeps sliding backward on this beast!

- Jeff

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
emvanderpol said:

I think we need a Step by Step on both these mods. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks like you did some great work, very impressive. I also prefer the look of the hyperchargers to any other style air cleaner. I have contacted Kuryakyn and they replied with regards to the 109. They are scheduled to be released in spring of next year. If they look as good as what you have modded, I will be very happy :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Step by step!
Step by step!
Step by step!

That really looks great. Are they hard mounted to something? they must be. Very cool!

Sledzep

1 - 20 of 51 Posts