M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got quite a few emails on how to install the Hyperchargers, so being lazy, and as a picture is worth a 1000 words, these photos should help. This is just a guideline...GUIDELINE!! IF you want it spelled out with glossy 8X10 photos you should wait for Kuryakyn to come out with one. If your impatient like me..proceed.

You can place the Hypercharger closer to the engine or futher away. You'll just have to buy longer or shorter bolts and spacers. If you buy the Hyperchargers new, you'll have some of the stuff to do the job, if you just have the body here is a Shopping list:

-Â Â Two Hyperchargers (doesn' really matter what kind)

-  Home Depot: (4) 4" 10 MM bolts, and (4) 3" 10 mm bolts. Not really sure what length, you can just return what you don't use. 1/2" outside diameter with 1/4" inside diameter (approximately) tube spacers (see pictures). Buy a few at 1/2", 3/4", 1", and 1.5"; Use whatever one you want to adjust the Hypercharger close/far from the engine.

-Â Â Pep Boys: 3' of vacuum hose 1/4" outside diameter, and two "T" fittings for the hoses. Pep Boys has flexible air intake hosing (see pictures). Just purchase one, as it will give you enough to do 4 hyperchargers.

Pointers:

Beer! (self explanitory)

The air intake hosing will fit around the stock tube that went from the big undertank airbox to the old air filter housing. Just flatten the flexible tubing into an oval to match that of the stock tube. Fold the stock tube so it fits inside the Pep Boys (now oval) tube. It will be a tight fight. Tape if if you want. Cut to the approximate length you see fit.

Your going to have to drill a hole inside the hypercharger to hold it in place via the stock air intake mounting holes. Use the back hole on the hypercharger as one of the mounting points, and adjust the stock mounting brackets in a circle so it will match where you want the front hole (the one your going to have to drill within the hypercharger) (see photos).

The buterfly valves run off of a vacuum line. Just spice/"T" into one. There's two to choose from. Trial and error.

There are quite a few picts. Proceed with caution.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1502197&pid=3093406

Cheers,
Gene

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since Kuryakyn doesn't sell a Hypercharger for the 109, and I have to buy a new set anyway , What one should I buy? What model will require the least amount of fabrication and fit the best?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Great post,
love the info, and love the pics.

I really want these on mine, but i dont like the fact that the one on the left is upside down. I hope the Kuryakyn will address ths sometime soon a make a set for our bike, until then I guess I will just drool, and dream.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Upon my inquiry, Kuryakyn emailed me back to say they will have a set of Hyperchargers out for the 109 this summer.
:doorag:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Canuk said:
Upon my inquiry, Kuryakyn emailed me back to say they will have a set of Hyperchargers out for the 109 this summer.
:doorag:
I've heard that but we will just have to wait and see if it comes true. i anint holding my breath. :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts