M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
The link was okay for me.

Well, phototropic glasses are nothing new. They are around since Apollo and the moon landing.
The problem with those glasses is, that they darken pretty fast, but do not lighten up fast enough.

This may become a death trap, when you ride into a tunnel or a dark alley!!!

So in germany those glasses are not recommended for drivers. In case of an accident your insurance company may only pay a partial amount of the money, if they find you wearing phototropic glasses. This will undoubtfully be the same with these visors.

The best thing is a clear visor and sunglasses with your refraction for the times when the sun really shines.
Other than that, keep it clear!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I use a shield and the lightest colored POLARIZED sunglasses I can find.
For anyone who can remember what they do... They cut glare by blocking light that come from above and below.
BUT not side to side. So they really cut glare!! They used to be popular back in the day. Before everyone was told to fear (rightly) the UV rays.
After that, ALL sunglasses were sold that way.
They are even great in the rain (especially amber or light grey)

Sledzep

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have/had one installed on my Arai helmet. They work GREAT and if low light conditions were to happen suddenly......its not dark enough tint to cause many problems before it adjusts. Well made product just be VERY VERY careful when cleaning your shield. Water can and will get between the shield and the Fog City shield when cleaning it if your not careful.
Hence the "had" it installed on my helmet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts