M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as usual, I consider myself king of the road down here with my 9. Had no seen a better looking cruiser and I have not even finished all the mods. Well, I am down south in the state that borders brazil, and my niece tells me there is a better looking cruiser . Well I just laughed and told her I doubt it. I thought it was probably one of those Harleys and told her not to bug me.
Well he took me to meet the guy and I fell in love with his bike. It is a 2005 Valkyrie Honda 1850cc. Six cylinder. Only a hundred made worldwide. And darn good looking too. Here are some pics. Note that the corbin seat unfold and gives a passenger seat with backrest. Also see the exhaust. It is very nice looking. Did not ask to race it, just in case I lost, but though I'll share with you guys. It is a good looking bike definitely

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It is a nice looking bike for sure, but do you seriously think it looks better than the 9?

I can see some nice points, but I definitely prefer the 9.

JMHO

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yep... that's a Rune.

Now I'm not a Rune expert but I am almost 100% sure they made more then just 100... maybe in that year or in that color but not total Rune's all over the world.

They are GORGEOUS tho!!! :drool:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep... that's a Rune.

Now I'm not a Rune expert but I am almost 100% sure they made more then just 100... maybe in that year or in that color but not total Rune's all over the world.

They are GORGEOUS tho!!! :drool:
yeah thats right. I though the guy said rider, but it may be Rune. ut the Valkirye Rune.
yeah it is nice looking. I still prefer my 9 since that thing weights almost 900 pounds. And I already have a hard time with my nine.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
940 Posts
In his defense it's actually called a Honda Valkyrie Rune..... Just like ours are call a Suzuki Boulevard M109R..... I do like the Runes though but the 9 still rules.. :bigthumbsup:
Bingo....I ran across a purple one at a car show the other day, big beautiful bike. I have a friend with a Valkyrie with the same engine and he can not take the 109 and it will not handle in the twisties like our bike but they are an exelent machine for highway travel.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
They are selling one?? Went to the page and did not find it. How much are they asking?
And thanks for telling me the 9 is faster. Now I can race him without fear.
I would not get to sure of yourself. Factory testing of the Rune had times of 105MPH right at 12.14 Seconds in the 1/4. Pop Mechs test showed the 9 running 110MPH 12.08 Seconds in the 1/4. Without mods it's a riders race.I say just respect the bike and make friends LOL! Or mod away and make enemies :joke:

Really it's a short shift or wheel spin away from losing.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Well as usual, I consider myself king of the road down here with my 9. Had no seen a better looking cruiser and I have not even finished all the mods. Well, I am down south in the state that borders brazil, and my niece tells me there is a better looking cruiser . Well I just laughed and told her I doubt it. I thought it was probably one of those Harleys and told her not to bug me.
Well he took me to meet the guy and I fell in love with his bike. It is a 2005 Valkyrie Honda 1850cc. Six cylinder. Only a hundred made worldwide. And darn good looking too. Here are some pics. Note that the corbin seat unfold and gives a passenger seat with backrest. Also see the exhaust. It is very nice looking. Did not ask to race it, just in case I lost, but though I'll share with you guys. It is a good looking bike definitely
You had me going there 4 a moment enviroser, then I realized your not in SO Cal :D
The Rune is more of a novelty bike, I think they are awesome. I rode with a nice red one in the club a few weeks ago, the motor is basically a Gold Wing & although fast it will not take the M109R, out handle it, or beat our bad azz cruiser look either!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I would not get to sure of yourself. Factory testing of the Rune had times of 105MPH right at 12.14 Seconds in the 1/4. Pop Mechs test showed the 9 running 110MPH 12.08 Seconds in the 1/4. Without mods it's a riders race.I say just respect the bike and make friends LOL! Or mod away and make enemies :joke:

Really it's a short shift or wheel spin away from losing.
i like the way you think may!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
rune

Going to add one to my stable as soon as the 109 is paid off. I just want it or the looks and rareity.

·
Registered
506 Posts
There is one every sunday at Chicago North suburb where I go for breakfast.
It looks like several departments of Honda worked on this one at the same time (without talking to each other).
The line of the bike is futuristic, and the rear end of the bike (with that stupid fender) looks like old school.
I love Honda - but not this one. Too weird !

1 - 20 of 43 Posts