M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some Edelbrock Airfilters the triangle kind ya see some of the guys are running on the M's on this site. Seems they can mount them up by modifying the back plate inluded with the filter for mounting on a auto carb and securing them to the black plastic part of the airbox.

Ain't gonna be that easy on the C , the C's airbox is at least an inch taller measured from ground to tank (not depth) then the Edelbrock 1002 filter set-up. Fine by me I/we'll figure it out, these are the filters i wanna run and will get them mounted up and look good. I could mount them up just lining up the 5 &1/8" opening with the filter area of the airbox think that would end up looking too halfass I think

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't wait to see either.

I am considering taking mine off to see if the Goldwing mod would work for the C. I am hoping that the taller air box will allow me to mount the intake a little lower and provide a little more water protection than the M.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't wait to see either.

I am considering taking mine off to see if the Goldwing mod would work for the C. I am hoping that the taller air box will allow me to mount the intake a little lower and provide a little more water protection than the M.
I dont know if the Goldwing duct would line up as well with the C box as it does on the M ,but, you could just make your own duct with some expanded metal and some chrome door trim moulding. Unfortunately unless very recently there is no hi-flo drop in filters like a K&N for the C so you would be stuck with stock paper filter unless you got creative about that too. Fortunately its my understanding that stock the filter element is not the bottleneck in the intake system so I think you would still see some easier breathing ,but, that still leaves you replacing it @ stock filter pricing if ya do get an oilpuke

·
Registered
623 Posts
Bigggjack, thanks for taking the first step in this mod. Please post as many pix and instructions as you can. I too was planning on doing this mod but wasn't sure if it would look right.

Good luck.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bigggjack, thanks for taking the first step in this mod. Please post as many pix and instructions as you can. I too was planning on doing this mod but wasn't sure if it would look right.

Good luck.
i'll try to document it as best i can I am hoping to get my work bench cleaned off in the next few days so i can pull the airboxes and start working a gameplan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts