M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just bought an '07 M109r about 2.5 weeks ago, showroom condition with 700 miles on it (1500now). Crappy thing is I've been in Africa for work for the last week and have 7 more to go! Anyway, awesome machine, love this bike!! I was driving an '85 madura for the last 14years or so but the ol girl is on life support. Just wanted to say hello, as I will looking for info on mods etc.

What sissy bar would you guys recommend? Also looking at hard bags too.

Looks like a great site here with tonnes of info.

Take care, Aaron.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Welcome to the site.

The brand of sissy bar and bags depends on your needs. I am a big fan of the suzuki sissy bar. I can't suggest any hard bags with first hand knowledge, but I have a set of soft bags from saddleman (drifter).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. The 9 is black with carbon fibre accents. My list for mods is getting long already, and the bike is a world away. First thing to get though will be the sissy bar and bags. The wife misses the feel of the Madura.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:welcome: n :congrats: Beware of the MOD BUG it bites HARD and there is NO CURE. :evil::evil:

The mod bug bites hard you say???? I've only had my bike for 3 months now and the neighbours think the Purolator guy is having an affair with my wife cuz he's allways there!!!! Hmmm, maybe he is??? Wonder if I can get my parts quicker now??????

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome....

I personally like the look of the corbin oval backrest... only prob is you need a corbin back seat to mount it and there has been some customer service issues of late with corbin... might be able to find some info on here to make your own set up though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"TURBO" version, what is that? Looks good anyway. I'm thinking the de-beaver will be a first, then get the turn signal/tail light in one rig. Back rest, bags, intakes, etc, etc...I need a second job! Good bye money, it was nice meeting you briefly!

·
Registered
236 Posts
:welcome::congrats:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats: I just purchased the corbin tall round sissy bar,lazer cut luggage rack from corbin, and nelson rigpack mini tour model. everthing is at home and havent tryed them yet Check out the website for motorcycle superstore, lots of options good service! Hope this helps!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's the one I'm leaning towards. Max comfort for the wife. When I'm gone solo it'll be single seat with the cowl. Anyone ever see a quick disconnect system for the cowl? I know it only takes a couple minutes anyway, but I find myself always switching. Can't help but love the sleek look with the single seat.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also was planning a trip possibly into New Hampshire in August from Nova Scotia, anyone interested in some riding?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts