M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 VTX 1300C. I am seriously considering selling it and buying the M109. Any prior 1300 owners that switched to this bike? Impressions so far?
 
G

·
Welcome. I'm not a former VTX owner but I think there are a few of them here. Enjoy the board :bigthumbsup:.

Grant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
Quakindude said:
I have a 04 VTX 1300C. I am seriously considering selling it and buying the M109. Any prior 1300 owners that switched to this bike? Impressions so far?
Is a 02 1800VTX/C close enough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Yes I did have a 1300 and yes would buy this bike It needs a couple of mods but it is a very nice bike for the money and rides tremendously if youd like to call me i can be reached at 321-704-3799. I know what its like to have no one to talk to when your looking at such a difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
I came off an 05 VTX1300c. Different riding position cuz' I'm 5'7" but no regrets!! :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are the "Must Have" mods for this bike so far? Is there a backrest for it yet? I haven't seen a backrest or a windshield for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Quakindude said:
What are the "Must Have" mods for this bike so far? Is there a backrest for it yet? I haven't seen a backrest or a windshield for it.
The official accessories haven't been put on the shelves, yet. I have read that these parts should be available to us by summer ( aftermarket has some stuff already like pipes, grips...). I am not sure what the must have mods are, other than rotating the handlebars up for a more relaxed posture.
If you buy this bike, you will not be sorry. Unless, you are really short.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Don't believe there are any real must haves. The bike stands on it's own. Personal preferences, I have added Kury iso grips and a slipstreamer spit fire windshield.

If you buy a 109, you won't be unhappy at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
sjnoble2 said:
I came off an 05 VTX1300c. Different riding position cuz' I'm 5'7" but no regrets!! :bigthumbsup:
I thought the bike would feel too big for me. Sat on one at a rally last night. WOW! I couldn't believe how feather light it felt. It's about as hard to get off the kickstand as my wife's 250 is, lol, it feels that light. Peg placement wasn't too bad for me either. I was concerned that my height would be a factor, at 5'8", I'm kinda short for a guy. I see you're about the same height...so I guess I'll have no regrets when I get one in about 2 years.

300CREW said:
The official accessories haven't been put on the shelves, yet. I have read that these parts should be available to us by summer ( aftermarket has some stuff already like pipes, grips...). I am not sure what the must have mods are, other than rotating the handlebars up for a more relaxed posture.
If you buy this bike, you will not be sorry. Unless, you are really short.
....how short is really short?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
wildwolf said:
I thought the bike would feel too big for me. Sat on one at a rally last night. WOW! I couldn't believe how feather light it felt. It's about as hard to get off the kickstand as my wife's 250 is, lol, it feels that light. Peg placement wasn't too bad for me either. I was concerned that my height would be a factor, at 5'8", I'm kinda short for a guy. I see you're about the same height...so I guess I'll have no regrets when I get one in about 2 years.

....how short is really short?
I guess really short is subjective. :p Since, I am 4'3'' holding my arms straight up, anything shorter than that is really short.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top