M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, how wide can we comfortably go in the front? 150? thanks in advance, i tried to do a search but no one has asked.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, our stock front is a 130, since folks here are mounting 280 tires on rear rims that normally take a 240 stock, I was thinking perhaps a 150 might not be too bad, or even a 140 up front? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think a 140 front & 280 rear would look....kinda cool.

And you could say "My rear tire is twice as big as the front"...heh.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wildwolf said:
I think a 140 front & 280 rear would look....kinda cool.

And you could say "My rear tire is twice as big as the front"...heh.
My wife Donita would back that statement up for sure (being as she says all i do is sit on my ass on the weekends)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
the front might be a little more critical in the handling department if you went bigger than stock. I would imagine it will slow down the steering quite a bit.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I would think adding a front that large without changing rim would be unwise at the least and deadly unsafe at the most...I would be very concerned about fitment on the front..JMHO

Devilish

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
RubenAlonzo said:
My wife Donita would back that statement up for sure (being as she says all i do is sit on my ass on the weekends)
That is funnier than most people realize.... (wife says..little in the front- big in the rear) lol

·
Registered
890 Posts
For looks ok...but for handling...a big front tire is best. My 800 Intrured had a 21" wheel on the front and at speed that thing can get squirly...so I put a 19" in front and it makes a world of difference in the twisties :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

·
Registered
768 Posts
GTBozak said:
And in this post we can ruminate on the handling advantages and disadvantages.....
why are you bringing back all the front tire posts?

1 is enough dude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts