M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered two maint pens from Color Rite to repair a chip in the white paint on my tank. It will never be perfect looking but how to do you apply the paint and finish it to get the best results? Any help would be much appreciated!:bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
not sure you can. in most cases paint pens make it look worse than the chip.

If it were me, depending on where the chip is on the tank, I'd remove the tank and get it set on some towels so that the chip is pointing directly up so the paint can't run off the spot you're wanting to fill. i'd then dab it in lightly till the chip is filled with paint but not overfilled. think of filling a pothole on a much smaller scale. It'll tend to wanna stay in drop form and not settle so you might have to drum on the part with your hand around the damaged area to get the paint to settle down flat in the hole. Might make it less noticeable. Good luck

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Or you could just not worry about until it gets bad enough to where you decide to get a whole new paint job! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
What I do, depending on the size of the chip, is touch it up a few times and build it up so it's higher than the rest of the paint. Give it a day to dry fully (if it's warm) and then lightly sand it down with some very light wet sand paper . Then buff to a shine with my buffer.
If you don't have a buffer, don't even try this. It's all about what tools you have available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts