M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, for weeks I've been trying to replace the headlight bulb on my M109R but I can't find the manual on how to do it.

here in Brazil we have the RBZS model which is different from the conventional model, I will post a photo.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum... Cheers! 🍻
Are you sure it is 2018? Colours certainly match the year,
but the nacelle and the tach on the handlebars point to a
2007/2008 M109R2. R2 were made only in those years but
did not come in this blacked out "BOSS" colour...
Very interesting!
Yes, I'm sure. I'm the second owner of the bike, the first owner bought it new at the dealership. This motorcycle was assembled in Brazil until the year 2019. ALL the manuals I found on the internet are for the other type of headlight.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,716 Posts
I didn't know they made the R2 there that long, learn something new every day. :)

There is a R2 setup and delivery file that showed how to install your head light, but the links no longer work. I found in another thread where it mentioned removing the two plastic pins from the rear of the nacelle, which is how the R mounts, along with a bolt into each side. At least on the older models.

So you might see if yours has the pins on the back of the nacelle near the top. If they are like the R, they are set in a shallow recess and all you see is the round head of the pin. If they are there, take a small pointed object, like a paper clip or point of a knife, and press the center of the pin in a millimeter or two, it will click. Then you can pull the pins out, with your finger nail or tip of a knife or thin screwdriver.
If you do have the pins, to reinstall them you push the center pin back up above the surface of the fastener, push the fastener back into the hole, then push the center pin down flush with the top of the fastener. The center pin spreads the fastener to hold it in place.

The later model R's had 4 bolts through the back of the nacelle back plate and into the headlight, but I'm sure you would see those. I'm assuming that the R2 is like the R and the nacelle comes off with the headlight attached to it. Also interesting that they kept the tachometer on the bars along with that headlight. Here it moved into the headlight bucket in 2010.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't know they made the R2 there that long, learn something new every day. :)

There is a R2 setup and delivery file that showed how to install your head light, but the links no longer work. I found in another thread where it mentioned removing the two plastic pins from the rear of the nacelle, which is how the R mounts, along with a bolt into each side. At least on the older models.

So you might see if yours has the pins on the back of the nacelle near the top. If they are like the R, they are set in a shallow recess and all you see is the round head of the pin. If they are there, take a small pointed object, like a paper clip or point of a knife, and press the center of the pin in a millimeter or two, it will click. Then you can pull the pins out, with your finger nail or tip of a knife or thin screwdriver.
If you do have the pins, to reinstall them you push the center pin back up above the surface of the fastener, push the fastener back into the hole, then push the center pin down flush with the top of the fastener. The center pin spreads the fastener to hold it in place.

The later model R's had 4 bolts through the back of the nacelle back plate and into the headlight, but I'm sure you would see those. I'm assuming that the R2 is like the R and the nacelle comes off with the headlight attached to it. Also interesting that they kept the tachometer on the bars along with that headlight. Here it moved into the headlight bucket in 2010.

Oh my God, I'm so happy!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the tips dear friend Zoom, they saved me!!!

I will make a complete video of headlight cover removal and bulb replacement to help more people.

See the HUGE difference from the old LED bulb to the new one.

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,716 Posts
That is awesome, glad it helped you. We have a really good "How To" section on here, if you make a video or a good set of directions for removal and put it in there, I'm sure it will help someone in the future. (y) (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts