M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can anyone help me out with a few questions. I have an 09 and I have already removed the two baffles in each of the stock pipes. Is there a third baffle and if so how easy/difficult is it to remove. Also is the catalytic converter worth removing to increase the sound. I love the look of the stock exhaust but even after removing the two baffles and drilling the 1/2 holes at the end I wish it was a little louder. Last question can the entire end cap where the 1/2 holes are drilled be removed. I did see a few threads that indicated it could be done but I cant imagine a hole saw would do it. Thanks everyone for any help. Oh ya I love this freakin bike..

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can do it with a whole saw, i've done my top and bottom pipes. Its a little bit of a pain but it can be done and i'm happy with the sound and for the cats i'm not sure about that:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
lol, I thought you ran over a cat and the pesky bugger was really squashed in there good! lololol!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You hollow your cat, You WILL lose low end torque. That is a promise! If you want more sound, shorten your stockers like K109, or hollow the cans out by removing the entire baffle.

·
Registered
853 Posts
PM me if you are serious, my buddy is sellin his bike and has a stocker with the cat cut off and scorpion tips. He isnt on to much, but i'm sure he wouldnt mind tradin you since he is trading it in on an R1. Its super loud, sounds like a dragster LOL

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
You hollow your cat, You WILL lose low end torque. That is a promise! If you want more sound, shorten your stockers like K109, or hollow the cans out by removing the entire baffle.
:agree: with that. If you want to remove it, remove it and replace it with a pipe. Exhaust doesn't like dumping into a big odd shaped box then trying to find it's way out two small openings again. It doesn't work like a collector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Is there a third baffle that can be removed and how far in are they.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hey can anyone help me out with a few questions. I have an 09 and I have already removed the two baffles in each of the stock pipes. Is there a third baffle and if so how easy/difficult is it to remove. Also is the catalytic converter worth removing to increase the sound. I love the look of the stock exhaust but even after removing the two baffles and drilling the 1/2 holes at the end I wish it was a little louder. Last question can the entire end cap where the 1/2 holes are drilled be removed. I did see a few threads that indicated it could be done but I cant imagine a hole saw would do it. Thanks everyone for any help. Oh ya I love this freakin bike..
You want sound? Throw some scorpion tips on there. You'll get sound!

My neighbours will agree....when you have a sound wave bouncing off the houses either side of the street when you gun it, then you've arrived at the goal. PS- I LOVE doing that!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Thanks Is there a third baffle that can be removed and how far in are they.
In the video that vamedic made on the debaffling procedure, he didn't really notice any sound increase after removing the third baffle. Watch the video.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Heres a good one to read Mikey.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128991

·
Registered
189 Posts
3rd Baffle ALL the difference.

The 3rd baffle is all the difference. It's in about 18 inches. It will make all the difference. You'll need a LONG extension. Check the Howto's and you'll be good to go.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
Only the 2006 and 2007 models have 3 baffles. From 08 and up they have 2 baffles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts