M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2009 M109r with Bassani chrome exhausts pipes. I made the mistake of wearing some nylon warm-up pants and ended up burning the nylon material onto the pipes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this crap without damaging the chrome. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Warm the pipes up and put some Easy Off oven cleaner on it....be careful not to spray it on your paint.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a 77 KZ1000 LTD that I burnt polyester pants on the Kerker header 30 years ago. My buddy still brings it up when I tell him how my 77 will still outrun his 78 KZ1000 LTD. Never gets old! :a20:

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,901 Posts
Warm the pipes up and put some Easy Off oven cleaner on it....be careful not to spray it on your paint.
:agree: - it worked for me on my stock pipes when my gf melted her boots on them.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
eagle one nevr-dull

·
Registered
97 Posts
eagle one nevr-dull

:agree: Never Dull works great for burnt on stuff....used it several times for that...and it's cheap.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
works good on removing rust discoloration. and bugs off your mirrors :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
My wife burnt her boots on my pipes. Never Dull and about 3 mins. of elbow grease and all is right again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts