M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I see so many people on here that ask how to post pics so I figured I would post this tutorial. Besides, it gets hard to keep finding the post where I wrote this the first time, so hopefully this will get stickied or something. Personally, I have used Photobucket for quite a while without any problems, so that's what this tutorial applies to. I will check out other sites that allow direct linking and maybe sign up and add to the tutorial later. Anyway, on with the tutorial.

Here ya go... Step by step.

1. Sign up for free account at www.PhotoBucket.com and log into the account

2. Click "Browse" button which will pull up a list of your folders and files on your computer. Just need to know where the pic is. Please be sure to keep the pics around 800 x 600 pixels or so for posting images in your thread. This is a good size to view on the web.. not too small, not too big.

3. Once you find the pic you are wanting to upload in step 2, you select it by double clicking it, and then click "Submit"Â This will upload the image to your Photobucket account.

4. Once the photo is uploaded, you will see a small version of the image, along with 3 options for linking to the image directly below it. The first gives the plain URL, the second gives the TAG code, and the third (the one for this site) gives the IMG tag. That is what you will want to use to attach the file to a post here. If you copy that link, you only need to paste it into your post here. It will already have the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags around it. That's all there is to it. Give it a try.

Now, if you have seen a picture posted somewhere else and you want to post it here, this is what you need to do.

1. Right click on the image that is posted and click the option that says something to the effect of "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Link Location". If those options do not appear when you right click, then just click Properties at the bottom. A box will pop up that has the image Address or URL listed. Something like http://whateverpicture.jpg. Highlight that address and copy it.

2. In your post, click the button to insert an image. It should be located just below the Italicized I</>. It looks like a picture in a frame. It will place IMG tags like [ IMG][/IMG ] (note, I've added spaces that won't be there so they will actually show up in this message). You will need to paste the address or URL directly in between those ][ tags. That's all there is to it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lamonster said:
The sticky at the top of this board gives you links to free photo storage and the last link is a step by step.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=130.0
Well then, good to know I wasted all my time writing that. Anyway, I have seen that link many times and didn't realize there was a tutorial in it, and based on the number of times I've PM'd or posted mine I'm not alone.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Well then, good to know I wasted all my time writing that.  Anyway, I have seen that link many times and didn't realize there was a tutorial in it, and based on the number of times I've PM'd or posted mine I'm not alone.
I know and I'm not sure what to do about that. ::) Sticky post don't seem to work but at least you now have a link to direct people to. That's what I do.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lamonster said:
I know and I'm not sure what to do about that. ::) Sticky post don't seem to work but at least you now have a link to direct people to. That's what I do.
Maybe the fact that my post title makes it very clear what it's about would make it more likely to be checked. The only problem is it's destined to end up like your tutorial.... lost after enough posts are made to move it further down the list. Still wouldn't be a bad idea to have one of the tutorials stickied so they are easily seen with their "How to post pics" titles visible for those that do look. You see, you won't know who have benefitted by it because they will read it and learn, and then just start posting pics... probably never acknowledging the fact that they read it. Either way, I figured there wan't a tutorial on the subject because of the number of people I see asking how to post pics. I know I've PMd the tutorial to at least 10 people. At first I would re-write it each time, then I would search way back to where I originally posted it in another thread which was pretty time consuming so say the least. I was just trying to help.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the effort Medic, I haven't posted any photos yet, when I do I'll follow your instructions..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just want to add to what Medic said and say that if you have virus protection for interent enabled it will affect you being able to post pictures even if you follow all the other instructions. You diable it will posting and then turn it back on when finished.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bullie said:
Just want to add to what Medic said and say that if you have virus protection for interent enabled it will affect you being able to post pictures even if you follow all the other instructions. You diable it will posting and then turn it back on when finished.
Not sure what virus program you're running, but I use Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite with firewall and anti-virus. I keep my computer in steath mode and have absolutely no problems uploading images to Photobucket or even my PBase account... or any other hosting service I've used over the years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts