M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm trying to remove the air filter covers, the manual says to remove the 2 bolts on the cover, I did that, then it says to remove a hook or clamp, but I dont see that. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?
I have a C109rT 2008

thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm trying to remove the air filter covers, the manual says to remove the 2 bolts on the cover, I did that, then it says to remove a hook or clamp, but I dont see that. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?
I have a C109rT 2008

thanks
Kevin
Up at the top backside of the air cover (right under the tank) where the air cover attaches to the intake is a set-screw that you need to loosen (with a screw driver) then you can carefully pull it away (pull down).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how to get at air filter

ok, I'm just talking about the very first step, just getting the chrome cover off. I've removed the 2 bolts, the manual says to unhook a hook, (which I dont see at all).

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
ok, I'm just talking about the very first step, just getting the chrome cover off. I've removed the 2 bolts, the manual says to unhook a hook, (which I dont see at all).
That's what I tried to explain in my first post. Go back and read it again because you have to take the entire air cover off. Once you get the entire air cover off then you can flip it over on a bench and remove the screws from behind that hold the front chrome piece on. Then you can get to your air filters. That's the only way to get to them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how to get at air filter

ok, I get it now (the part about removing the chrome piece). I guess where I'm having trouble is, how do I get the entire air cover off? Like I said, I took out the 2 bolts, the one side does come down slightly, but not off. Do I need to have the gas tank completely off to get the entire air cover off?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
There should be a small rubber hose (approx 5/8") pushed into the back side of it and then a bigger rubber hose (approx 3") near the top that you will need to use a phillips screwdriver to loosen the clamp, then you should be able to take the whole thing off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how to get at air filter

Thank you! That explanation did it, I see just how they come off now. Can't thank you enough, and thanks GeorgiaRoller too, I really appreciate it. I'm just beginning, don't know much, and sure appreciate the help..

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts