M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the proper way to take the headlight of an R2 apart to replace the bulb (or post a diagram)? Both my owners manual and the shop manual I have refer to a regular 109R headlight.

Thanks in advance.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Just turn the handle bars to the left and get it from the back side. No need to remove panels.

:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum also. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'll be darn.....looks like that will work just fine. Thanks :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not HID yet. Thought I'd put in the brightest stock replacement bulb I can find for now. Had a young girl on a cell phone pull out in front of me today. I don't think she saw me at all. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not HID yet. Thought I'd put in the brightest stock replacement bulb I can find for now. Had a young girl on a cell phone pull out in front of me today. I don't think she saw me at all. Any recommendations?
ALWAYS, during daylight hours run with your HIGH beam ON!!!!
This won't take away from idiots on the road but WILL make you more visible.
Good luck.
Paul

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"ALWAYS, during daylight hours run with your HIGH beam ON!!!!"

:agree: I had the high beam on. :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
The HID kit!!!
The Stebel horn is a good mod also, for people not paying attention.
:agree::agree: For under $200 you can get a Stebel, harness and a HID kit. I have these mods listed in the Bang for the bucks mod thread. They will increase your safety 10 fold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts