M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really like the 109's that have a lowered stance. I've noticed that my favorite is when the rear fender chrome rail is even or just below the upper diameter of the rear wheel - effectively hiding the upper rubber of the rear tire.

Is this just through using lowering bones? Which ones? Do I need to change the front triple trees to maintain front to rear level? If so, 3 or 6 degree?

How is the ride after the changes?

These questions show my ignorance, I know. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Steve

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It is all personal preference but I have the 2.75 inch bones and my rear shock is set to 7 (firmest setting) and it looks like most other guys 2.25 or 2.5 bones. I had 1.5 inch bones but wanted to go lower. The ride is just a little bit more harsh than stock with the 2.75 bones, but the 1.5 wasn't even a noticeable difference. The biggest difference is the reduced lean angle the lower you go. I grind pegs all the time, pipe and frame occasionally. I don't mind grinding though so I will keep my bones on my 9 until I can convince the wife that I can't live without airride! :evil:

·
Registered
172 Posts
2 inch bones from la choppers is what your looking for. take a look at my sig pics, the rim is even with the chrome fender rail. rides great. handles great and have not bottomed out yet with shock setting on 3.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
BONES

I have 2.5 and my static stance is, fender brace matches chrome wheel bead, when I'm setting on the bike (shock on softess) its approx. 1/2-3/4"
below bead..I'm 215# dry..When riding 2 up I set the shock to 6-7 and maintain a simular stance - maybe a touch lower

I hope this helps or gives some insight....Ride Safe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts