M109 Rider Forums banner

How strong are your passenger pegs?

2K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  JUtah 
#1 ·
Seen this on another forum. Man I can't even dream of the pegs holding my fat butt up for very long! :DÂ

See less See more
#27 ·
it is much easier to get one up when on the rear pegs and balance it. I agree with ppridgen1 though, 1st gear is anything but long. If you have nailed this beast from a stop you will find out if your not fast enough on the 1-2 shift your gonna hit the rev limiter but fast. My brother has ridden almost everything with two wheels and he was surprised at how short 1st gear was when he banged the rev limiter. He thought the bike was messed up at first and I showed him how to properly get the 1-2 shift or else just take off in 2nd with the right amount of throttle and clutch this thing leaves pretty quick in 2nd.

#28 ·
Canuk said:
I wouldn't put too much weight on them, they are really light, and the metal looks really brittle.
I had one break off in my accident. It was an accident after all, so any peg would have come off, but my point is, it looks like it didn't even try to hang in there before letting go. The metal in this picture even looks brittle.

http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photo/3159734
Yeah, that just looks like a cast metal part when it fractures. It's not gonna look the same as a billet aluminum piece would look at a fracture.

#29 ·
Medic1210 said:
Yeah, that just looks like a cast metal part when it fractures. It's not gonna look the same as a billet aluminum piece would look at a fracture.
that's what I thought. I would caution you guys on putting too much weight on them. I love the pics and video's of wheelies, and such, don't want to see any crashes from pegs breaking.

#33 ·
You guys Got me LOL :D I think what Perry Did is the same thing I'm going to do in March! and that is to Trailer it to the Drag strip so if you break something it's no Problem :bigthumbsup: I wanted to run down the Drag Track when i was there But I knew if I broke something I would be up the Creek since I rode it Down there,and Needed to Ride it Back :D These Bikes are far from a trailer Queen :D I rode mine 80 and 85 mph  both ways and it was SCREEMING for MORE  :D :D :D  Later Silentrider

And Keep in mind he has the wifie :D I know My girl could not carry all here Persona on the 109, I would have to pull a trailer Like Lemonster had Just for her stuff :D :D :D

#34 ·
Giddy Up,
Cool Pic
:bigthumbsup:

#37 ·
JUtah said:
My daughter does everytime she rides... Left foot on the left peg, grabs my shoulder and hoists herself up... Although she is only 75Lbs... :D
My comment maybe should read "What adult steps on the peg to hoist their leg over the seat?" I think it's a given that the pegs are more than strong enough to support the full weight of a child or young teen without any issue. I'm pretty sure, based on the pics, that they are probably strong enough to support the weight of an adult too. I was just curious to who actually stands on the peg to get their leg over the seat. Kids with short legs would be easy to understand.

#38 ·
Medic1210 said:
My comment maybe should read "What adult steps on the peg to hoist their leg over the seat?" I think it's a given that the pegs are more than strong enough to support the full weight of a child or young teen without any issue. I'm pretty sure, based on the pics, that they are probably strong enough to support the weight of an adult too. I was just curious to who actually stands on the peg to get their leg over the seat. Kids with short legs would be easy to understand.
Sorry I just couldn't resist.... :joke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.