M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive owned it for less than 2 months and have washed it 4 to 5 times and have just waxed it for the 3rd time. I enjoy spending this quality time with her, I look forward to her getting dirty again so I can do it again, am I crazy :dontknow:. Heres some after pix, unfortunitly it was getting dark, so the chrome isnt shining as good as it could.

Heres an older ones just cause theyre cute (my nephew)

·
Registered
361 Posts
My wife says I rub more on "that dam bike" than I do on her.
What can I say the 9 has a bigger rear end and ALOT more top end. :joke:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
wipe down every time i go out, wash every cple months. wax about the same..:bigthumbsup:

btw....you missed a spot!!!

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
No washing, only wiping so far. Mequire's detail-er is all I use. No riding in rain here either.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Never wash, use Mequire's products, and wax too much, And B I still see that bug splat, COme on clean it up........

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wipe down every time i go out, wash every cple months. wax about the same..:bigthumbsup:

btw....you missed a spot!!!
Haha, I knew someone would say that. I may look into this meguires stuff. If I wash and dont wax i get horrible water spots. I need to take some polish to a few spots. Theres a hazing coming from the gas cap where Im sure previous owner didnt wipe up after gas fills. Any better suggestions for gas etching?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Regular baths...

I ride mine daily to/from work (as long as there's no chance of rain!) which is about 60 miles round trip. So, I wash mine about every weekend and have waxed it twice in 3 months.

A clean 9 is a happy 9!

:D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
I wipe it down after almost every ride, it's easier to get the bugs off that way.

I use Windex on the chrome and Lucas detailer on the paint. I also use Mequire's Quick Detailer once in a while, but I like the Lucas better.

Waxing, maybe a full wax job a couple times a year.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Haha, I knew someone would say that. I may look into this meguires stuff. If I wash and dont wax i get horrible water spots. I need to take some polish to a few spots. Theres a hazing coming from the gas cap where Im sure previous owner didnt wipe up after gas fills. Any better suggestions for gas etching?
M109r RED, yea new paint job, that way u can join the fastest color club:joke:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I wipe it down after almost every ride, it's easier to get the bugs off that way.

I use Windex on the chrome and Lucas detailer on the paint. I also use Mequire's Quick Detailer once in a while, but I like the Lucas better.

Waxing, maybe a full wax job a couple times a year.
Yep, same here. Wipe down after most rides, Windex on the chrome rims, and Mequires Quick Detailer.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've never washed any of my bikes.....I either use Pro Honda Cleaner if it has a lot of bugs, etc. or if it isn't too bad I use Eagle One Wipe & Shine. Just spray it on and use a very soft terry cloth to wipe off.

They both work awesome.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I've washed mine 6 times over the past 4 1/2 years, once at each annual 109 meet and twice at home. But I wipe it down with Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer after every ride and wax it at least once per month.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unfortunitly I have to wash it all the time because its black, but I wouldnt have it any other way ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts