M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't there a % that the repairs total that make the bike not worth repairing? Some chick backed into and onto my bike and did 3k worth of parts damage. Thats not including labor and the adjuster said the bike was valued at 9300. He did mention the possibility of totaling it but I didnt ask any follow-up questions about it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
with cars it's 75% of the value. I'm not sure about bikes. When i totalled mine the adjuster quit at the forks and the tank.

G

·
Each insurance Co sets their own %. But they're all pretty close. Call them to find out. If you want it totalled tell the shop to double check and make sure they get everything. You can even take it to another shop for a second appraisal.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
with cars it's 75% of the value. I'm not sure about bikes. When i totalled mine the adjuster quit at the forks and the tank.
:agree:75% is the magic number in the car world, I believe motorcycle are alittle lower due to the liability they could face putting a tird back together....

I don't think your close to a total....

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't what the percentage actually is, but my insurance company is fixing my Beast w/ a Estimate of $6500..... on my '08 w/4500 miles, the adjust flat out said it was too nice, and too new to not fix it.....

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
mine wasnt totalled at $7200. I had the $4000 extra to cover paint tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts